9. Bad Blood

Previously,

While Devraj is waiting with a shadow of tension on his face, a pair of beautiful dark brown curious eyes are watching him from behind the curtains.

One might wonder who this secret lady is lurking around behind the curtain.
Well, she is none other than the youngest sister of Prince Mahendra, Chandrika.

The attraction Chandrika feels toward him is unavoidable.

But she can't stay hidden forever. She tries to sneak out as she slowly tiptoes towards the window at the back. Just when she is about to escape, she trips and falls on the floor as the clashing of her bangles and anklets creates a loud noise.

...

Hearing the noise, shocked, Devraj looks behind himself. He sees a beautiful young lady in a lilac saree on the ground. She has diamond and gold jewelry adorning her body. Her anklets are made of white gold and azure. As Devraj is observing Chandrika, she closes her eyes shut in embarrassment. She doesn't dare to look at him. Her smooth, silky, long black hair is covering her face.

Devraj walks towards her and stands in front of her. He reaches out his hand to help her get back on her feet.
At first, Chandrika hesitates but eventually holds his hand and stands up. Her gaze is fixed on the floor.

"Greetings, lady. Who might you be?" Devraj asks.
His husky, soft and deep voice resonates inside her soul as she looks at his beautiful hazel-green eyes hypnotically. She is still holding onto his hand.
Confused, Devraj slowly frees his hand from her gasp and smiles awkwardly.
She looks at him one last time and runs out of the room as her azure anklets make a ringing sound.
And in her head, she can still hear his deep manly voice.

Confused and in a state of shock, Devraj looks at Ranveer and finds him even more confused and lost.
Devraj returns to his seat.

Just then, Mahendra enters the royal parlor at a steady and aggressive pace. As he enters the room, Devraj stands up.

Mahendra stands right in front of Devraj.
"Welcome to Rajgadh! King Devraj!"
Mahendra says in a forced welcoming voice.

"Where is Devangi?" Devraj asks impatiently trying to keep his cool.

"She is where she is supposed to be," Mahendra answers with a poker face.

"Don't play games. I wish to see my sister. Take me to her." Devraj says sternly, grinding his teeth.

"Well, unfortunately, you are not allowed to see her. You have come to my kingdom. Accept our hospitality. Join me for lunch today. And I will arrange for your safe return myself."
Mahendra says with a fake smile on his face.
Devraj takes a deep breath. As he is about to say something, Mahendra turns around to leave.

Devraj finally losses his composure and grabs Mahendra's collar.

"She is my sister, you moron! I am not leaving until I see her." Devraj shouts bubbling with anger.

"Let go of my collar. Don't forget this is my kingdom!" Mahendra says as his hands are clenched into a fist.

"What have you done to her?" Devraj asks as his heart fills with fear for Devangi's safety.