.1

c h a p t e r:  1
u n e d i t e d
Hope

'Dear diary;

Tomorrow is my first day at the new school, the name is Bishop Ireton High School. I'm very nervous about how it will go. I hope it will be fun and that I'll make some friends but the only thing I was was nervous. I'm not sure how I'll interact with other people after what happened. All I hope is-'

"Hope, dinners ready!" My mother shouted from the kitchen downstairs.

"I'm coming mom."

'That it won't be like before. That's my only wish I have. I don't care if I need to walk alone, just that it won't be like before, then I'll be alright.'

I walked downstairs towards the kitchen and sat down next to my father. My brother, Jake, sat down and looked at his phone, he let out a sigh. He's always complaining about so many people texting him, wanting to be his friend. It sounds really boring to be popular. Now I let out the sigh. If only I could take his place for one day, to feel how it is to be wanted.

"There you go sweetie," my mom gave me my plate with some food. I started to dig in as the dinner conversation started. They talked about Jakes big football game coming up and the should bring over his girlfriend, Hannah, over for dinner. The conversation left Jake and landed on me and my new school tomorrow.

"How are you feeling sweetie, about your new school tomorrow?" My mom asked me in a calm tone as I swallowed the food in my mouth.

"I'm nervous, like really nervous." I looked around at all of them, then took another spoonful of food.

"It will be fine hun" my father said and gave me a smile and I returned the gesture. I looked over towards my brother, he was eating and looking at me. I knew that he felt bad for what happened in the past, that he wasn't there for me but it wasn't his fault. He was my older protective brother, I was happy that he was my brother. He always made me smile when i was sad and I could talk to him about anything. He was the first one that I told about my past. I thanked my parents for dinner and when to my room. I read my favorite book, The Hatchet By Gary Paulson. Something I do every night before bed.

I looked at my alarm clock and I saw a little shocked, it was 12:03. I should of been alseep over 2 hours ago. I quickly changed into my pajamas and laid back in bed. The nerves took over my body with the lack of energy. Then soon I was asleep

I woke up by my alarm, I stretched and walked to my bathroom and took a quick shower. Today was the day, the butterflies were all over the place in my stomach, I felt like throwing up. I walked back and put on my underwear, black jeans, and uniform shirt that I was acquired to wear. I decided to put on mascara and then I went downstairs.

I went into the kitchen to eat. Trying to ignore the question from my mom and dad about the school today, I bury my head into the refrigerator, seeming as though I'm looking for something. I was already nervous enough, and they were actually making it worse. When I was done eating, I only had 30 minutes until school started. My father drove me and when we pulled up outside my eyes widened, it was huge but at the same time it was beautiful. I got out of the car, not without telling my dad bye of course,  and saw all the people. Everyone was different, and they seemed to be okay with each other being different and not perfect.

A group of, fake if I may add, blonde hair girls walked past me and gave me disgusted faces. I out my head down and followed the croud of people inside the school. I didn't know where to go. I decided to stand in a corner. When I was walking to the corner, I bumped into someone, it was a girl, she had brunette hair, her eyes were blue and she gave me a smile showing her perfect white teeth.

"Oh you're the new girl right? They told us a week ago we were going to have a new student and you look a little lost so..." She smiled and I just nodded.

"That's fun! My name is Riley! What's yours?" She held her hand out for me to shake it, which I did.

"Nice to meet you Riley, I'm Hope" I smiled.

"Oh that's so pretty and it suits you. You're in my my class right now so you can just follow me." We walked down the crowed hall into a nice classroom.

"So now since you're new you can walk with me, I'll show you and I will tell you everything you need to know. She smiled and I thanked her. She seemed nice.

Did I really make a new friend on the first day?

_______________________
Question: Do you like the name Riley?

How about Hope?

Let me know,
   Sam 💞

Edit : ughhh I hate this chapter, I can't wait to edit it! It'll make more sense when introducing Riley.
Apr 22, 2022