3.2

c h a p t e r: 32
u n e d i t e d
Hope

Riley and I had fun in our first class, which was chemistry. We laughed and took funny photos together in our lab coats and safety goggles. Mrs. Hower had a funny face as she watched her students have fun. It was Friday and it was usually Friday. After chemistry we left our books and stuff in our lockers and we were still laughing. I saw in the corner of my eye Justin and his friends walking inside the school. They all had red cheeks and some small bruises. He took a deep breath as they walked in front of me, my fingers crossed, begging to be left alone. They said nothing or did nothing.

We walked to the cafeteria and they did the same thing as us. They walked behind us to the cafeteria. I felt my pulse rise and take a deep breath to calm me down. Riley did not realize they were behind us, she kept talking about a party tonight, and she wanted me to go with her. I had a bad first experience with the holidays but she put those puppy eyes on me.

"Please, Hope, it has nothing to do with school, the party is not from Justin" she said very loudly as we drank our food and knew they overheard. I felt the heat on my cheeks rise and I quickly walked away when I got my food and sat down. I glanced quickly at Justin's table and he looked at me.

"Hope to earth, Hope to earth" Riley repeated as she snapped her fingers in front of my face, taking me back to reality.

"What?" I said with my mouth full of food and she laughed.

"Please come with me to the party, I do not think they will be there and if something like this is going to happen, I will not tolerate it. No one does that to my best friend" I smiled at her kind words and after that I could not tell her no.

"Okay," I replied and she shouted cheerfully as she clapped. I chuckled and some people stared at us, mostly. After lunch, we had English and worked with our assignments. After school, we went over to her house and had fun. After a couple of hours we started hitting dressed. Riley handed me a pair of black leather trousers and a pink salmon flannel with heels and a matching purse. I shifted in her bathroom as she fixed her hair and donned a dark blue dress that ended in the middle of her thigh. She flat ironed her hair and I made waves. I made a simple make-up, and so did she, and we headed out to the party.

Take a deep breath to calm me down.

When we got to the party, there were Juniors and Seniors. I did not see Justin or his friends, For which I was very grateful. I remembered the last party when I was with Carter. We had a great time, dancing and laughing, the memory made me smile.

Riley and I were given drinks.

After a few hours, we had played that Ping-Pong, the game we saw at Justin's party, and soon Riley and I were drunk, very drunk. I did not care. We had fun and felt so free. I forgot all the problems and no one in the room had named the name 'pukey'.

I have danced with some random boys and we laughed as we tried to dance. After a while I really needed to go to the bathroom. Excuse me before looking for the bathroom, but I could not. I met someone and when I looked, I saw familiar hazel eyes and light brown hair. He had a smile on his face. I let out a sigh as he began to speak.

"Hope, I did not know you were here. Are you having fun?" I nodded too drunkenly to hate him and too drunk to worry about what he did.

"Are you looking for something?" He smiled and raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, I think the bathroom got away, I can not find it." He laughed at my response and I joined him.

"Let me show you where it is" I nodded and he grabbed my arm before putting a hand on my back. We went up one floor and it was the first door on the left.

"Oh, this door was not here when I was looking for it." He laughed again and I, too, was so drunk that it was very embarrassing. I entered and closed the door. When I leave I see Justin standing there, waiting for me.

"Do you want to dance?"

I nodded my head. Justin and I walked to the dance floor. His hand was around my waist to make sure I did not fall. We started dancing, rubbing each other and having fun. After a while, the fun disappeared and some other feeling came and took over the situation. He turned me around and we started to dance face to face. His eyes were so pretty and darker than before, but they still had that spark. Supporting my forehead with his, he puts his hands on my waist and I put my hands around his neck. Then I did something I never thought I would do.

I gently pushed his head closer to mine to connect our lips.

_____________________________
Oh no!

Let's hope Justin has respect for Hope!

What do you think is going to happen next? Let me know!

Make sure to like, comment, and add suggestions!

- Sam 💞