4.1

c h a p t e r: 41
u n e d i t e d
Hope

He said nothing, we were surrounded by a strange humor. I did not dare look at him. But I told him the truth, which still intimidates me and made me feel horrible. An appointment would not solve what he did. I have not forgiven him yet, and I think he knew it. I was afraid he might have been angry with my answer.

"Ok ... I understand," he murmured softly. I looked at him and his eyes were fixed on his hands. Did you think I would say yes?

"Justin, no it's jus-."

"I said I understood," he said in a tone of voice that startled me. Look at him with big eyes and slightly open mouth. "I'm sorry, Hope. I did not mean to yell at you like that."

I looked into his eyes. Looking into someone's eyes makes things so intimate, it does not matter what you talk about. I gave him a small smile.

"I would say yes, but the memory of what happened a couple of weeks ago makes it a no. I'm Justin. It was truly incredible last night and I will never forget it, thank you very much." I looked at him and smiled.

"It's not you who has to apologize, I was an idiot with you, last night when we lay down laughing, talking and just forgetting everything around us, it felt good.When we kissed, I regretted everything I've I would be very surprised if you would forgive me after that, but you are a fresh, sweet and beautiful girl and at the same time you are a person with whom it is easy to talk to."

His words left me speechless. After spending these incredible hours together and with his sweet words there was one thing on my mind.

"I forgive you, Justin."

His head lifted, his eyes wide and a smile on his face. He opened his mouth as if to say something, but closed it a few seconds later.

"Really?" He smiled, giving room to his dimples.

"Yes, but only in one condition," I said in a serious tone and he nodded as he removed his smile.

"Do not ever do this to me again, because the next time will have no forgiveness."

He nodded and smiled again. "I promise"

Justin stood up and gave me a hug. I was surprised by his actions, but I returned the hug. He whispered another, "I promise" in my ears as he hugged me. I smiled, felt good and only time would tell if I did the right thing or not.

"So you're going to be my girlfriend now?" He looked at me with puppy eyes and I melted.

"You do not give up, do you?"

He chuckled, and joined, as he shook his head. "Maybe not girlfriend with kisses and hugs, but girlfriend like me a girl and his friend, a friend to you"

Justin laughed at my answer and I joined. I was not willing to be his girlfriend and maybe I'll never be ready, only time will tell.

We walked to the exit of the store. Matthew walks in front of me and soon I felt his hand grasping mine. I frowned.

"And friends can hold hands?" I ask with an innocent tone in his voice and doggy eyes. I laughed at his tenderness.

"Yes, my friend. We can hold hands" her smile is priceless and that made me smile bigger. We got in the car and as we drove I realized, it was Monday. We had missed a whole day of school.

"Justin, we missed a whole day of school!" I said in surprise and he laughed.

"Yes, but okay, I'll send a message to Matthew this morning to tell Riley that you were too sick to come today."

My eyes open, this guy is crazy. I did not know what to say, I had called my other school several times saying that I was ill but not for these reasons, they were totally different. He stopped in front of my house and I knew the house was empty. I turned to him and looked at Justin, but he crushed our lips together.

We quickly pulled away and I looked at him with his eyes open but he was laughing.

"Justin, why did you kiss me?" I said in shock and laughed a little more.

"I did not do it, I was going to kiss you on the cheek but you turned your face so practically you kissed me. But baby if you wanted to kiss me you just had to say it."

I blushed as I laughed at his voice when speaking. "Justin!" I tried to calm myself down. We arrived in silence and I opened the door.

"Wait, Does this friend not get another kiss on the cheek?"

He chuckled and joined me. He kissed me on the cheek. "Bye, see you tomorrow at school.

"See you, Justin."

___________________
-Sam ❤️