21 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚁𝚘𝚘𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝙳𝚘𝚞𝚋𝚝𝚜

┌─────────❍─────────┐

"Keep your friends close."

└─────────❍─────────┘

The Next Day

When you awoke in a room quite unfamiliar to you, you were given no chance to ask why and how. An attendant from the Gojo clan knocked on your door and informed you of your visitors. Somehow, you noticed that the Gojo clan's attendants were far kinder than your own.

You saw your mother, aunt and Toge from afar and ran to them. They were seated on a small pavilion in the middle of the huge garden. "Okaa-san...?"

Your mother fled to you, taking you in her arms as soon as she reached you. You instantly fell into those familiar arms, a warm embrace. Her grip on you was tight, hot liquid dampening your neck. "(F/n)..."

There were some things you could not forgive such as her lack of courage to stand up against her brother.

But to you, some sins weighted more. Your clan– when they tortured your mother to the brink of insanity. When they turned a blind eye to her husband dying. When they threatened her with your life if she ever escapes with you.

The woman protected you through the best way she thought. You understood that, you witnessed everything, but a small part of you hoped she did more. You knew she had no choice, but maybe— just maybe— she could have done something more.

"I'm fine, Okaa-san." You held her tightly, a bitter feeling spreading through your chest. You were not alright, how could you be? But whatever else could be done?

While you were narrating the events from yesterday, she pulled away from you and took Satoru's hands, almost falling to her knees while her shoulders trembled. "Thank you... Thank you, Gojo-san."

Your head tilted in confusion. "What's going on...?"

"I'm sorry," your mother breathed out. "I knew they would try to get you in trouble, so I implored Satoru for help..."

Your heart sank.

So he didn't want to do it. He might've just felt pressured because it was your mother's request. Those thoughts you had were merely delusions of him wanting to help you out because of concern.

A tiny gasp interrupted the tense conversations. "Salmon?"

All heads turned to Toge who was looking up at the towering Satoru in amazement.