Power

Orientation Ceremony Host: And now, a few words from the 1st Seat, Manabu Horikita.

First Seat? Karma & Kiyotaka Thought

Manabu Horikita (Speaking on the stage): Thank you for the introduction. I am Manabu Horikita. And this is my partner Pyrus Cross Dragonoid. Newcomers, as a representative of the upperclassmen and the 1st Seat, I extend a warm welcome to you all. As I am sure you are aware, our school is known for its prestige and distinction on all fronts and boasts impeccable employment and college entry rates across the board, we take pride in this. And we also create the best battlers in the entire world. In fact, it's our school's number one priority. We all work together to uphold the standard and excellence. Now, you are a part of that too. We expect greatness from all of you.

[Kiyotaka Ayanokōji looks at Suzune Horikita while wondering]

Kiyotaka Ayanokōji (Monologue): We're in the same class?

Manabu Horikita (Speaking at the stage): Access here is just entirely on merit. So you alone control your path. I look forward to seeing how capable you are.

[Bell rings.]

Timeskip

Setting: 1st Year D-Class Room

Kiyotaka sitting with his arms on the desk. He looks at the beautiful black-haired beauty while thinking about the coincidences.

Kiyotaka Ayanokōji (Monologue): I'm seated next to her?

Horikita: An unpleasant coincidence.

Kiyotaka Ayanokōji: The feeling's mutual.

Leonidas: Ignore her Kiyotaka

Yōsuke Hirata (Shouting): Everyone, may I have a moment? I was hoping we could all introduce ourselves to get a jump on getting better acquainted. The teacher doesn't seem to be here yet, anyway. How about it?

Kikyō Kushida: I'm in!

Kei Karuizawa: Sounds fun.

Maya Satō: Yeah. I don't even know anyone's names.

Yōsuke Hirata: Thanks. Okay, I'll go first. I'm Hirata Yōsuke. Just call me Yōsuke. No need for formality. I play all kinds of sports, and I intend to join the soccer club at this school. And this is my partner Saint Nemus.

Nemus: Nice to meet you all!

Kiyotaka Ayanokōji (Monologue): I bet he'll end up being the class leader.

Sounds good. Some students Said

Kikyō Kushida: I'll go next! My name is Kushida Kikyō and this is my Bakugan Aquos Sirenoid. My goal is to become friends with every one of you! I'd like to make lots of good memories, so don't hesitate to invite me anywhere!

Some boys: Looking forward to it!

Kiyotaka Ayanokōji (Monologue): She'll be popular with both guys and girls. She's already got that "I can be friends with anyone" aura about her. But I can tell she's hiding something beneath that mask of hers.

Kanji Ike: Me next! I'm Ike Kanji! I love girls, and I hate hot guys! I'm always accepting new girlfriend applications! And my Bakugan is Pyrus Stinglash the best bakugan ever!!!

Some students laugh.

Haruki Yamauchi: I'm Haruki Yamauchi. In elementary school, I went to nationals in ping-pong. In middle school, I was the baseball club's ace and cleanup hitter. I'm still recovering from an injury I got during the inter-high. And this is my partner Haos Anchorsaur.

Leonidas(Monologue): Those idiots look weak.

Kanji Ike: Oh, wow! The inter-high, in middle school?

Kiyotaka Ayanokōji (Monologue): It's not like I have any hobbies or talents, anyway. I'm just a white bird, flying free.