i.

________________________________

chapter one.
↳ ੈ‧₊˚ ┊a crimson red.

298 AC — KINGS LANDING________________________________

________________________________

"YOUR GRACE."

A pair of hands was felt over Kiyana's red silk bedspread, shaking her back as an attempt to wake her up.

"Your Grace."

"Mmm." Kiyana moaned as a mornings plead for allowing her to rest in peace, nugging away the pair of hands by readjusting herself on the rich bed.

"Your Grace, it is well past your bedtime."

Kiyana only furthermore stuffed her face in the matching red silk pillow, her left arm underneath the pillow while the other was stretched out to the side, her left leg also stretched out straight while her right one was curled outwards so that she was comfortably resting on her stomach.

"Your Gra—"

"Anya, if you do not close that mouth of yours, I'm going to need somewhere to put it." Kiyana said effortlessly in her morning tone, her voice rusty and cracking while her messy raven hair fell over her face.

Anya, Kiyana's loyal handmaiden and only friend, merely blushed a faint shade of pink at the Princess' remark.

Suddenly, the door to Kiyana's chambers was busted open, startling Anya while the Princess didn't nudge. In strolled in the Queen of the Seven Kingdoms, strutting through the doorway like she owned the palace, which she most definitely did.

"What is taking so long? You have been missing all morning, not to mention you missed breakfast, again." Queen Cersei spoke as she neared her eldest child's bed.

"Your Grace." The handmaiden politely bowed out of respect towards the royal. Cersei merely eyed the girl from head to toe disapprovingly. She despised everyone beneath her rank, especially those who were close to her children, afraid that they would steal them away from her.

"Anya." The Queen spoke the handmaidens name like a curse word, clasping her hands together in front of her as she gave the girl a look of disgust.

Anya swallowed awkwardly and looked down to her feet at the royal's gaze. "Why is she still asleep?" The Queen questioned, her attention finally lying on her sleeping child.

"She has been commanding that all let her rest in peace." Anya replied. "Of course she has." Cersei said to herself.

"Wake up, child." The Queen said in her typical cold tone, expecting the sleeping beauty to awaken as soon as she told her to.