xx.

________________________________
chapter twenty.
↳ ੈ‧₊˚ ┊starstruck.

299 AC — Kings Landing ________________________________

________________________________

"YOUR GRACE!" With hoods covering their heads so they wouldn't be noticed, Anya followed Kiyana through the streets of Kings Landing.

"Quick!" Kiyana led the way by grabbing Anya's hand.

Kiyana grinned, happy and relieved that they had reached the end of the passageway. "Hello there, little one." Kiyana went up to the terrified kitten. "It's okay." She lifted her hands up in surrender to show that she meant no harm.

"I won't harm you, I promise."

The cat with brown fur and green eyes meowed.

"Look." Kiyana unwrapped her fisted hand to expose some food inside. Slowly, she walked up to the cat, knelt down in front of it, and extended her hand.

As it warily drew near to Kiyana, the cat meowed once again.

"It's just some meat." She whispered to it as it stared into her eyes sadly.

The cat cautiously inspected the food before opening its mouth, taking some of the meat inside, and starting to chew.

When the cat began eating quickly and licked off every last bit of the meat, Kiyana assumed the cat liked the food since the sensation against her palm made her chuckle.

It finished eating and then started stroking its head against Kiyana's palms—almost beginning to be pet. "Human touch is your love language? Who would've thought." Anya smiled as she watched the endearing interplay, Kiyana delicately scooping up the kitten as it meowed.

The Princess had dragged her through the slums of Kings Landing just to feed a hungry little cat.

That's the sort of person she was, and she disliked the fact that others did not recognise her warm heart since that is the kind of person the Princess was.

"Halt. Down."

Anya turned her head around at the deep voice that was heard in the distance, tugging on Kiyana's cloak. "Princess!" She whisper-yelled.

"Huh? What is it, Anya?" With one hand below the cat and the other supporting the animal's head against her chest in a motherly manner, Kiyana asked while holding the cat in her arms.

"It's the Kings Guard." Anya replied, casting a quick peek outside the alleyway to survey the gathering of individuals. "As well as... Margeary Tyrell."