ii.

________________________________

chapter two.
↳ ੈ‧₊˚ ┊ghosts of the fallen.

298 AC — Kings Landing — Red Keep________________________________

________________________________

JON ARRYN was dead.

There his body laid on a blue cloth covered bench in the middle of the throne room of the Red Keep with two stones over his eyes, the stones in which were painted in the shapes of eyes — red eyes.

Kiyana stood right beside the deceased ex hand of the King's body, staring into those deadly red painted eyes with void.

To Kiyana, Jon Arryn didn't look at peace.

His soul looked like it was trapped inside his body, unable to break free. Those red eyes could give anyone chills with their mere presence, but the princess felt nothing.

She just stood in the same position, looking down at the body without ever blinking while the men in robes, the Faith of the Seven, circled Jon Arryn's body with their religious symbol in hand.

His body was also encircled by many, many candles, and the lit essence from either side of the blue covered bench reeked of lavender — the flower of peace.

The entire aroma from within the throne room smelt like poison. There was so much smoke that if you inhaled too much, it would most definitely poison you. The smoke was so thick that it was visible to the naked eye.

All that was heard from inside the gigantic room was the echoing of the bells, as well as the rattling of the men in robes' chains as they circled the fallen.

The Iron Throne merely stared down at the deceased like a ghost was it's possessor. It was so empty that it was frightening. So many Kings, yet so many souls.

Cersei Lannister stood leaning against in between the big and bold pillars with her arms clasped and leaning on the surface.

She watched the service with nothing in heart, staring at the empty look her daughter had masked on her face.

She hated that her daughter cared so much for such a man — the man that knew her deepest, darkest secret, that could destroy both her, her family, the Lannister name, and the reputation of the throne itself.

She was worried, worried that someone would find out, worried that her daughter would find out.

What would happen if her secret was uncovered? Their secret?