xix.

________________________________
chapter nineteen.
↳ ੈ‧₊˚ ┊awaken.

299 AC — Kings Landing ________________________________

________________________________

"NO!" Kiyana jumped up, eyes bursting open, as a sudden, searing ache caused her to groan loudly.

"Argh!" A voice was heard struggling with the sounds of clattering being heard along with it.

With her hand resting against her abdomen, Kiyana peered around and noticed the dead bodies of Lannister knights, including one knight in particular, who had been engaged in a battle with Anya.

The Princess, who was in excruciating pain, struggled against it as she tore off the bedsheets and grabbed one of the bloody swords lying on the ground. She then gradually walked over to the armoured man who was holding his sword to her handmaiden's throat, lifting up the blade with all her might

When the man was inside her line of sight and reach, she struggled at finding the strength to thrust the sword through his helmet and into his brain while retaining its weight in her nearly hunched-over arms.

Anya was wide-eyed and startled as watched the man suddenly drop dead, her hands on her throat which was now bruised. She stood there, eyes lingering on his fallen body, as she noticed a figure in the corner of her eyes.

"A... Anya." The blade slipped from Kiyana's grasp as she spoke breathlessly, crashing to the ground with a loud clatter.

"Princess?" Anya stood in awe.

Then, when Anya shouted, the man, who had been believed to be dead, suddenly grabbed her by the leg and pulled.

While she approached them at her own pace, Kiyana kicked the man in the face, knocking him out once more as she held her hand over the reddening bandage on her wound.

Anya rapidly inhaled and exhaled while continuing to doubt that Kiyana was really there— up and awake.

Kiyana smiled drowsily and dropped limp in her arms as a tear slowly ran down Anya's cheek. The handmaiden caught her and tightly held Kiyana in her arms—afraid that she was going to slip away, again.

"Princess..." She held the girl close. "It's really— It's really you."

"Yeah..." As Anya pulled away to face Kiyana, Kiyana could hardly talk and her eyes were almost shut.

"Stay with me. I can't lose you again."

Kiyana smiled. "You never lost me." She tried to stand up a little too soon, causing her to fall back in the other's arms.