iv.

________________________________
chapter four.
↳ ੈ‧₊˚ ┊gleaming ebony.

298 AC — Kings Landing Territory — Nightfall________________________________

________________________________

"YOUR GRACE, the King has commanded to set camp." A knight spoke to an irritated Cersei.

"Of course he has."

Cersei now faced a fatigued Kiyana, with a sleeping Tommen resting his head on the eldest child's shoulder, as the knight bowed before stepping away from the carriage door.

"Tommen, Myrcella." Cersei nudged the younger children's arms, waking them up from their naps. "Wake up, dears."

Tommen groaned, lifting his head off of Kiyana's now reddened shoulder. "Where are we?" He rubbed his eyes with his little hands.

When Cersei peeked out the window, she was met with the darkness of night and strange surroundings. "How should I know?"

"Well, let us find out then." Kiyana pushed her relatives aside and stepped out of the carriage, her hands elevating her dress to keep it from dragging on the ground and accumulating dust, mud, and Gods know what else.

"Kiyana!" Cersei yelled in a hushed tone, grasping her daughter's arm and forcing her to look her in the eyes. "Do not venture out into the wilderness alone, especially at night. A woman has no place here." She said almost threateningly.

Kiyana cocked her head and fired her arm away from her mother. "I'll have you know that I am much more than just a woman, mother." She fired in her Westerosi accent, bending over to match her mother's height. "I am the Princess of the Seven Kingdoms, and I will have every man at my feet."

Kiyana shifted her gaze back and forth between her mother's greenish-blue orbs, almost convinced she saw a glimmer of terror in Cersei's glare. "And one day, I will succeed you as Queen of the Seven Kingdoms." Her breath brushed on Cersei's lobe as she spoke in her ear.

Kiyana took a step back, just far enough to lock her eyes with Cersei's. "What is a Queen if she is incapable of self-sufficiency?"

The Queen felt as though she had been struck by lightning as she spoke. She clenched her jaw, concealing the fact that she was speechless.

"Sister." Joffrey arrived out of nowhere, shattering the intimidation. "Your tent has been set up. I suggest you walk your way over and hide from the... boars." With his hand on the hilt of his sword, which was slung about his hips, he muttered.

Kiyana stood up straight and clasped her hands in front of her. "Of course, brother. I shall make my way now." She said in a bothered tone before beginning to walk off in the direction of her tent.