xxi.

________________________________
chapter twenty one.
↳ ੈ‧₊˚ ┊maleificent.

299 AC — Kings Landing — Supper________________________________

________________________________

"WELL, this was absolutely delightful, but I must be on my way now." Kiyana straightened her dress and got up from her seat at the dinner table. "May I be excused, mother?"

"You may, dearest." Cersei smiled.

"Brother." Kiyana bowed her head as Joffrey swallowed. "Lady Margaery. Ser Loras."

They responded to the nod of her head, watching her back as she left the room while the knights opened the doors for her, and shut them behind her.

Kiyana made her way to her chambers, where she was immediately confronted by Anya. "How did the supper go, Your Grace?" She questioned the Princess as she approached the balcony.

"How do you think it went?" She replied sarcastically and leant her elbows against the railing, admiring the night sky with her hands clasped.

"I assume it was unpleasant," she responded. Anya followed Kiyana's eyes as she crept up next to her. "I have something I must share with you." After a lengthy period, Anya spoke.

"Mm?"

Kiyana's leg was abruptly jumped on by something, which frightened her. "A—!" She yelled and put her hand over her lips, concealing her yelp, quivering and pulling away at the touch.

When she peered down, she saw the same kitten with brown fur and green eyes as before.

When she overheard her handmaiden laughing, Kiyana knit her brows and gave her a serious expression. "That was not funny. I could have fallen to my death."

"Right." Anya cleared her throat, her laughter breaking through every now and then. "Sorry."

"Why is it still here?" She looked back at the cat that meowed and looked up at her with big doe-eyes.

"It would not leave. I believe it has no place to go."

"Then—"

Knock, knock, knock.

Anya and Kiyana glanced in the direction of the entrance.

"Take the cat, Anya, and hide it somewhere. Should my mother catch a glimpse of it, she would have it beheaded and fed to a fat cow that is about to be butchered and devoured."