Chapter 7- Still Here

Newt's POV:
I sighed. I hope she got my message that I pleaded them to let me send. After she left, I was in white. I smiled. At least I got to see her for the first time in forever. I have a baby son that is named Charles. Makes me happy to know that she hasn't given up on him.
Only seeing her in her dreams isn't enough. I need to see her, alive.

Your POV:
"What did it feel like?" Brenda asks.
"Well, in the dream, he kissed me," I try to explain. "And when I woke up, it felt like we were still kissing, then the feeling went away."
"What else did he say?" Aris asks. He lives in the west but not close to my house but he decided to drive many miles to get here.
"He asked about Charles," I said. "I got a text message."
"What does a text have to do with any of this?" Teresa asks.
"It was sent from his phone, the one I stopped paying for months ago," I said. I opened my messages and went to his. "See."
"That's strange," Brenda says.
"Let me read Newt's words!" Minho said grabbing my phone. He scanned it. "He doesn't mention me."
"Maybe this is his way of telling you, that, maybe, he's still alive, somehow," Aris suggests.
"But he got shot, he can't be alive, unless we didn't notice and we buried him alive," I said. They all started to talk to each other. I looked up thinking I heard my name getting called. I saw a figure. A fading figure. It was smiling. It was Newt. He's still here.