Chapter 11- Ashley

(Don't play the song yet! This is in the past two months after W.I.C.K.E.D. found the cure. How Newt met Ashley)
Newt's POV:
It's only been two months since we've found the cure for the flare. All the cranks, dead or cured. I can't believe I managed to get my own house in just two months of learning the normal life.
I walk into the store and look around. I'm still not used to this much people(coming from a boy who lived with 50-70 boys). Looking through stores was kind of hard, you were able to get lost easily.

I walk alongside the books. I was looking at the covers an reading the backs when I bump into someone.
"Sorry," I say. I look to see it was a girl.
"No, I should be sorry, I was the one that ran into you," she says smiling. "Or we both take the blame..?"
"We can both take the blame, miss," I say.
"Ashley, my name is Ashley Thompson," she says.
"Newt," I say thinking of the list of last names the guys gave me. "Newt Whitman."
"Well, Mr. Whitman, you look handsome today, a special occasion?" Ashley asks.
"No, not really," I said. "Just an anniversary of something for my friends and I."
"Okay," she smiles. "Well, I best be going or else I'll be late."
"It was nice meeting you," I say. She scribbles something on a piece of paper and hands it to me.
"I'll see again," she says and leaves. I look at the paper that had a phone number on it.

We did text. She was a bit flirtatious though. I sigh and continue walking down the street. I bump into someone and look to see who it is.
(Play song)
"Woah, (y/n)! What's wrong?" I ask when I see it was her. She looks as if she's been crying. She looks up and then hugs me tightly, I hug her back.
"My-my dad!" She says. "He came home drunk and.....and he...." She didn't finish her sentence, she started to cry. I wipe her face, cleaning the tears.
"Let's go to my house, we can talk there," I say. She nods and I lead her down the street. We got to my house in no time. I unlocked the door and we both went into the living room. I sat her down on the couch.
"Now," he says sitting down next to me. "Tell me what happened."
She tells me everything that happened. I shook shook head afterwards. She doesn't deserve this kind of pain. I wipe away her tears.
"It's ok (y/n). I'm here," I say hugging her. "You can live with me."
"R-really?" She asks looking up.
"Really," I say. "I promise I won't hurt you like your dad did, I'll do anything for you not to feel that pain ever again," I smile. She smiles back.
"Thank you Newt," She says hurrying her face in my chest. I pick her up and take her upstairs to the guest room. I set her on the bed.
"Goodnight," I say. I hesitate before I say it.. "Love," I close the door and sigh.
~~~
Who remembers the first chapter of the first book? If you do then you know what the second part is about. I hope you enjoyed the flashback!