Chapter 8- Wedding

Your POV:
He's dead.
Can't be.
He's still here.
With me.
I look over at Chuck.
With us.
I can't stop thinking about yesterday. I saw Newt. I know I saw him. He's still here. I sigh as I lay down. Ever since everyone left, my head had started to hurt. I decided to take a nap. It took a while for my eyes to finally close but it came. Sleep washed over me.

"I can't do this," I say nervously.
"Just take a deep breath," Thomas says. "Newt's out there and he's probably as nervous as you are, but he's being confident and standing up front, alone."
"I know, but I'm not as confident as Newt," I sigh. "I can't do this," I turned around and was about to walk out of the building until Thomas grabbed my arm.
"You can't leave him, you can't leave him on your wedding day," he says. "You'll be fine, just go out and say I do."
"Easy for you to say, you're not the one getting married," I say.
"Just take a deep breath, (y/n), he's waiting for you," he says. I don't speak but nod. Thomas was going to be my father for this, he's going to walk me down the aisle. We intertwine out arms and I take a deep breath. "Ready?"
"Ready," I say. The doors open and we dart walking. I try not to look at everyone staring. I focused on Newt, who was smiling and biting his lip. I smiled back.

After a while, it was time for the "I do's".
"Do you, Newt Whitman, take (y/n) (y/l/n), to be your lawfully wedded wife, through sickness and through health?" The priest asks.
"I do," Newt says. His voice sounded confident yet nervous at the same time.
"Do you, (y/n) (y/l/n), take Newt Whitman, to be your lawfully wedded husband, through sickness and through health?" The priest asks me. I look at Newt.
"I do," I say.
"You may kiss the bride," the priest says, his voice sounded joyful.
I felt Newt's hand cup my face as he leaned in and kissed me. I kissed back. We heard lots of cheering. When we pull away, he picks me up bridal style. Everyone, Newt and me in front, headed outside.
Once we were outside, Newt put me down. Thomas, Brenda, Teresa, Minho, Aris, Newt and I all got together for a group photo. Newt and I next for photos together.

I felt a smile form on my lips as I kept remembering.