Chapter 1 - Belief in Fate

Heels gracefully landing on the marble floor with every step, Serena made her way too out the designer shop she worked at that was loaded with fashionable clothing hanging and organized all over. Her shift was over and the daylight that was once around with a bright sun smiling down on Lumiose City was now replaced with the moon shadowing over along with the stars painted in the sky.

It was a beautiful, yet chilly night. The young woman fixed her coat up to her neck as the wind blew through her hair. It was awfully quieter than usual much to her dissatisfaction. There's enough extravagance out in Kalos, although there isn't much excitement, in Lumiose City that is. She wished there was something more than fashion and getting a paycheck that was a nice amount overall.

She reaches in her purse, shuffling through her belongings before taking out her phone to check the time. She frowns, disappointment taking over her facial features when the low battery warning pops up on her clear.

"So much for my walk home entertainment," she thinks to herself with a sigh as she stuffs it back into her purse.

She continues on her walk from the sidewalk, not bothering to pay attention to the few cars passing by and other people walking on the otherside. It wasn't long until she heard a piece of metal clang, the echoes bouncing off the building next to one another and down the pathway it created to darkness.

It startled her, as unexpected as it was, and right when she was about to continue moving on, she heard another heavy sounding item fall and a scream that was immediately muffled. A woman's voice to be exact. She looked down the alleyway, broken lights flickering on and off, along with slow drops of water dripping on rust and the ground.

Curiosity that shouldn't have taken over Serena did just that and caused her legs to move towards what felt like a pull. As if she would find something more in doing so. Her heels touched the ground, drips of the water coming off the bottom to land further down the ground. She scrunched her nose, the horrendous smell of trash filling her nostrils, and huffed out a breathe in annoyance.

The whimpers and cries weren't unheard from the woman and she couldn't help but speed up her pace as about three figures not fully seen with only the shadows being present. Words were being said, but she couldn't quite make out just what it was. However, she could tell they were cornering a hopeless woman against the wall, and that alone was enough to make her snap.

"Excuse me," she voices out, her words booming through the darkness, causing the men to stare at her as if she something was wrong with her. "Yes, as you can see, you have an audience."

"An audience, huh," one of them drawls out, pushing off the wall where the other woman was against. "Did you come to watch or join the party, fine lady?"

"Neither, I'm afraid. This party isn't my type nor are any of you if that wasn't clear enough," she scoffs, head moving and eyes set on the frightened woman before turning back to the man who sneers at her in a snake like manner. "I take it that I popped a vessel? Now just what do you three think you're doing?"

"Having our fun." He walks in some lazy steps slowly or more so swagger, she'd called it. Hands in his pockets, he proceeds on while turning his head for a second to his home boys on the side accompanying the other woman. "Seems like we got a mouth on our hands," he speaks in a gruff voice. "I like me a feisty one."

Infuriating as this was, she immediately opens her purse and moves her hand around into it, trying to find her sharp item. A cool metal feeling reaches her fingers. She grabs onto it and frees it from the bag, flinging it outwards for the sharpness to appear at the man. She tightens her jaw and he can simply chuckle at her bravery.

"You know how to use that thing, fine lady?"

"Why don't you come see for yourself and we'll put it to the test?"