Chapter 12 - Incomplete

Ash leaves the main hall to the festivities that are being overseen by Brock and the other operatives. Brock trails behind him to the conference room that's a few flights above the main hall. Serena, Dawn, and Misty flank the sides of the two wooden doors and though Serena stares straight ahead, Ash feels like she's not really looking at him. The notion makes him frown slightly, but there's nothing to say before Gary is opening the door and stepping aside for Ash to enter.

The conference room is decorated like a lounge, a dark velvet carpet stretching across the surface with the furniture just as ornate and cushioned. A fireplace is crackling beneath a stone mantel, illuminating the shadows of the three men that are already seated around a dining table painted in a fine varnish with cups of tea set out. They're familiar faces to Ash, prime individuals that reflect just how far his reach is. Cilan is poised in his seat, representing the law enforcement branch.

Beside him sits the figure of Xerosic, decorated in the red-orange colors of his Army General rank like his hair, and red glasses secured. Last but not least, the towering, Prime Minister himself who's sitting upright in his seat with a leg crossed over the other, Lysandre. His black suit pressed and tailored to the precise measure with red and orange in certain areas, hair blazing in a way that looks like a lion's mane. Ash takes his rightful throne, moving leg over the other to where his foot sits on his knee as Gary takes his post behind his chair.

"I assume there's matter that needs to be spoken of," Ash says in a greeting, relaxing into his seat. He takes his cup of tea and sips on the floral blend. The men nod.

"Thank you for joining us, Ash. I trust that the initial festivities went without issue?" Cilan asks first.

He waves a nonchalant hand. "Pair the wealthy with good alcohol, food, and a chance to show off, they'll be satisfied until sunrise."

"Still, I never imagined you would be raising money for a children's hospital, of all things," Lysandre says, his voice gravelly and low in tone.

Ash makes a motion to act as if he's yawning into his fingertips before he sets his arms on top of the table, his chin resting in one of his palms as he regards the Prime Minister with an unimpressed look. "You underestimate me, Prime Minister. Don't you know that I do what's best for this city?"

Lysandre huffs out a humph, despite his own motives of making the city a better place in his own way.

"That matter aside, we have business to discuss," Cilan adds smoothly, gesturing to Xerosic beside him. "General Xerosic, if you will."

From under his chair, Xerosic pulls a fairly large weapons case and sets it on the table, the weight causing it to rattle slightly. The metal clips on the black box unfasten and opens to reveal what looks like a large turret.

"The newest models along with the humvees that are parked in the warehouse on the port. Easily concealed within the vehicle with a platform mechanism meant to rise through the roof," Xerosic explains gruffly. Ash pans his eyes over the craftsmanship of the weapon as Gary laughs from behind him.

"Miette would have a lot of fun with that toy, don't you think, boss?"

Ash grins and nods. "No surprise, if course. We've been needing more updated mobile defenses, regardless. I'll send May and Iris to meet you at the warehouse at the end of the event tonight to take care of the finer, financial details." He leans back and turns his head to Gary. "Let them know."