Chapter 3 - New Faces

As the duo walked through the opening doors, Serena realized Ash wasn't playing around when he stated that it would make one believe there were a questionable amount of "animals" inside due to all the noise when it catches her attention. Compared to the outside, it seemed much more peaceful and imposing, a lone star in its own beauty, but things turned around with the distraction of all the mess going on that someone couldn't keep their eye on one thing.

Not only that, but the sheer amount of people that were wandering the place in front of them to which some turn their heads at the pair's entrance. Serena noticed the attention was mainly at Ash once she walked in, his larger, calloused hand, holding onto her soft, smaller ones.

"Wow, Mr. Ketchum back so soon?" A blue haired woman questions with a bright smile while there's a tougher looking orange haired woman beside side eyeing from the outburst.

"Dawn..." he starts off, voice dropping as a warning and immediately places the palm of his hand over her lips. "What did I tell you about that?"

"Oh! Oh. Right. Sorry, Mr- Ash, I mean," she corrects herself, as normal as possible.

Serena sees wandering eyes panning to her from- Dawn, as Ash said, and she isn't a hundred percent sure what to make of her. To her, she seems to emanate the moon or one of those water element people of a bubbly soul she seen in movies whereas the woman beside her is the opposite, like the sun or fire element people of a fiery soul.

Dawn speaks again. "She's really pretty! Wow, and she's our new fashion designer?" She questions and she genuinely sounds excited as if she was interested in both who the woman was and fashion itself. "What's her name?"

Serena studies herself for a second when she looks down, seeing her fashionable attire with her designer name tag still on. She forgot about that and was definitely standing out by the looks of it. Before Ash speaks for her, she does it instead.

"I'm Serena. Serena Yvonne," she says, then goes on from what was said. "However, no I will not be designing some fashionable outfits for anyone." She says nothing else afterwards as she looked at the other woman.

Dawn doesn't push anything on as she looks at her, seeing a dangerous glint in her blue eyes. Serena, on the other hand, could only see the imagery of a little puppy with the way Dawn was staring her down with a hard thinking face, turned to amazement.

She contemplates whether she's actually in a zoo or not.

"Serena sliced up one of Giovanni's snakes that were slithering around," Ash explains, cooly with a shrug.

The orange haired woman moves her eyes to her, ones that were green, but fiery; an emerald fire. Serena couldn't help, but think it was suspicious. The woman's facial expression changes to one that's to say an impressed look and Serena just raises her eyebrow at that. Soon, she averts her green eyes and casually looks around the room.

Within a single breath, someone appears beside her and regards her rather closely. She holds back a reflex of a punch when a man comes into view, a shit eating grin planted on his face while a laugh escapes his lips.

"Holy shit, that's hilarious! Nice one, Serena!" His tone has her come to the conclusion that he really does find it amusing and that shit eating grin turns sinister. "So, tell me. Did you kill them?"

Serena's eyes widen at the remark that was thrown with such casualty she didn't expect. She opens her mouth the same time someone else appears and puts a hand on the messy, blown haired man's shoulder. His smile was kind, the closest to most innocent person here, but that couldn't be the case.

"I think that's enough, Gary. Give the beautiful lady some space. It's rude to pry. Don't you think?"

Gary thinks for a little, tucking his hands into his pants pockets. "Hey, it was nothing much, but some curiosity taking over me. Didn't know they trained fashion designers on blade work. That Gio will be pissed to see how useless his lackeys are getting nowadays."