Chapter Twenty-Two

Dark black feathered wings fall from my back. Two red horns curl out of the sides of my head, just above my ears. My ears sharpen to a point and a skinny tail protrudes out of my spine.

I shoot out of bed. Smile jumps out of the bed in fear. I breathe heavily, sweat dripping down my forehead. I grasp my shirt, trying to catch my breath. Tears roll down my cheeks. The pain still resides in my back.

Smile licks my face before curling up in my lap. I pet him softly. I start to mutter my soft melody.

"Dancing bears.. painted wings... things I try to remember..." I stutter out. I regain my composure, relaxing slightly. Smile grins at me. "What a good dog you are. You're such a good boy!"

He stands up and his tail wags rapidly. I quickly stand up, opening the door. I run out of the room, Smile hot on my trail. I laugh, sliding down the railing of the staircase. Smile trips down the stairs, barking happily. I land gracefully, sliding on my socks over to the front door. I throw the door open and Smile flies past me out the door. My chest heaves as I hold onto the door frame.

A soft pink tinges the sky behind the trees. The egde of the trees radiating a small orange reflection. I take a deep breath. The fall dew scent graces my nose. The grass is dying in some spots. I watch my baby sniff around in the grass. I smile softly, content.

I lean against the door frame. I watch the sun lower behind the trees, the trees becoming darker.

People will be up soon.

A sharp whistle leaves my lips. Smile's head shoots up and he runs towards me. He barrels into me, knocking me to the ground. I laugh, returning his hug. He rolls over onto his back. I stroke his belly softly. An idea goes off in my head.

I wanna be a dog.

I suddenly feel a lot shorter. I open my eyes and glance around. I look behind me and Smile is smelling my butt. I return the gesture. He pounces on me, playfully, so I bounce back. He barks and I roll onto my back.

This is fun...

Wait...

Could I change myself to look how I want..?

Could I get rid of the blue skin.. the black tears.. the scars...?

Could I... be a real boy..??

"Hypothetically." A voice replies to my thoughts. I shoot up, looking behind me. Slender is facing me. "Assuming there is no limit to your power."

Was there a limit to Nis's powers?

"Yes, he couldn't hold a form forever. He could only hold it for a few hours. He could also kill someone by looking at them. Which I don't think you can do. However, we have never tried. We also have to keep in mind he was taught all this at a young age with no regard for his health." Slender explains. I nod.

Could you help me with my abilities?

"Its a little out of my playing field. Maybe we can find someone who can help you. That obviously isn't your father." Slender explains. I ponder that idea for a moment.

The blade.

Slender's aura becomes shocked.

"No, that's too dangerous."

If I can get more of Nis's memories, hypothetically I should be able to find out who taught him. Or someone who at least could teach me.

"You could get hurt, Loki."

I'm willing to take that risk.

"Fine. Follow me to my office." Slender orders. I become human again, following him up the stairs.

I sit down at his desk. He pulls a locked wooden box off a shelf. He waves his hand and a shiny golden key appears. He opens the box and removes my father's knife.

"Now you need to be careful Loki. We don't want you to hurt yourself." Slender explains. He slides the knife across his desk over to me. I stare at it for a moment. I can feel the darkness and bad aura from my father. I grasp the blade tightly. A blast of blinding white light throws me into a vat of memories once again.

~

"Alright my dear weapon. Its time for training once again, now that your arm has healed." The demon orders. The small child nods. At this point she is six or seven ish. The demon exits the room and the girl is left to her own defenses. She bows her head, awaiting the onslaught.

Suddenly, arrows come flying from all directions. She jumps up and bounces off a wall, dodging all of them. Four hyper realistic robots emerge from the walls. They move in attacking her from every angle. She fights back, using various forms of close combat.

"We are going to see if you can shapeshift yet." The demon explains over a loudspeaker. The girl nods. She throws her hands up.

Beautiful white sparkles fall from her hands, covering her body. When they dissapate, a large black bear stands in her place.

"You know I don't want you to morph into animals. They are weak! Become something strong, like me!" The demon shouts. A buzzer sounds. Bolts of electricity shock the girl. She screams in pain. She holds her chest, falling to her knees.

She stands up, throwing her hands in the air. The sparkles become larger and cover her again. Instead of being a bear, a dragon appears from the sparkles.

"Stupid weapon! That is not what I asked!!" The demon yells. More shocks coarse through her body. She barely flinches this time.

"You wanted me to be something strong. I can't become human. I can only be animals or variations of that. You know that, sir." The girl explains. You can hear how angry he is behind the speaker. The buzzer sounds off, lasting much longer than the past times.

Shocks cover her body. She falls down to the ground, but she doesn't dare cry. For she knows the pain would just be worse if she did.

~

"Atticus. Can you please make it able to shapeshift into demons?" The demon asks. The human nods his head, looking at the demon.

"I can but it won't be painless." The human explains. The demon scoffs.

"I don't care if you hurt it. That'll just make it stronger. I do need it to be strong enough to beat Eversor." The demon replies. The human nods, opening the door to her chamber.

"Do not bother me." The human orders. The demon scoffs before nodding.

The human enters, glancing around the room. A small girl cowers in the corner. The human approaches her slowly. He places a hand on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry that I must do this to you."

She nods, standing up. He reaches into his coat pocket, pulling out a vial of shimmering blue liquid. She takes it, drinking the liquid. She stares at him as pain melts into her muscles and even to her bones. She stands emotionless. He sighs. He takes a vial of yellow liquid and one of red liquid. He smashes them together and a puff of orange dust blows out. This creates an orange liquid. She takes that vial too, chugging it. She falls to her knees. Her eyes squeeze shut, tightly.

"I feel its only fair that you know my name. My name is Atticus."