Chapter Thirty-Seven

Fritz and I sit at my table.

"Would you like to return home?" I ask. He nods quickly. I smile softly. "What color was the portal?"

"It was red." He explains shortly. I nod, standing up. I wave my hands in a circular motion and the portal appears. "That's it! That's the one!"

"Well go home then squirt!" I shout. The fox quickly runs through the portal, arms outstretched. I smile, closing the gateway between worlds. I hear a knock on my office door. "Come in!"

Toby slowly walks into my office, rubbing his eyes.

"What happened?" He asks, sitting in my lap. I lean back, stroking his back.

"Nothing important. It was just the kids horsing around." I explain. He giggles quietly, snuggling into my chest.

"I love you." He quietly mutters.

"I love you too, my dearest." I reply. He falls back to sleep.

He looks so innocent. If you were an outsider, you would never know that he has murdered thousands of people. He can be psychotic one moment and then cute and childish the next.

God, I love this man so much. I'm going to marry you, Toby Erin Rodgers. You don't have a choice.

He smiles in his sleep, snuggling even closer. I pet his soft brown hair. His brown t shirt slides off his shoulder, showing off his profound collarbone. I stare at it and my mouth starts to salivate. My eyes widen.

I need to go hunting.

I pout for a moment, before teleporting Toby back to bed.

Usually I feel hungry, I wonder what's happening...

.

.

.

I sense a human.

Dinnertime~

I teleport into the general vicinity of the human. Its a grown man. I change my clothes into more tattered ones. I quickly barrel into the man. I yelp. I look up at the man's face and I sigh.

"Oh thank god.." I breathe heavily. "I thought you were the demon, dude. We gotta get outta here before they get us."

"Who's they? I'm looking for my family. We came out here together and I can't find them." He explains. I nod. I search the forest. I find a group of people off to the left of us.

"Let's go this way. Maybe we can lose the demon if we are quick." I offer him the idea. I run off and he follows behind. He soon becomes breathless.

He has a lot more stamina than normal humans. I wonder why.

"How are you..?" He asks. I smile.

"I run marathons. I have a lot of stamina." I brag. He smiles at me.

"Sorry to be dead weight for ya." He apologizes. I start chuckling.

"Its fine my dude. Let's go! I hear voices." I explain. That triggers something and he seems rejuvenated.

Hungry. Hungry. Food. Feed. Food. Hungry. Food. Yum. Yummy. Yum. Food. Now! Food! Hungry!

We come across a group of people. Two teenage boys and a set of parents.

Perfect~

"Mom, Dad! There was this creepy demon chasing us! We need to leave now before it gets us!" The kid explains. I nod, furrowing my eyebrows.