Chapter Twenty-Four

As my vision clears, we seem to be in a large house. I look out the window. We are up in the sky. The walls are made out of a dark wood and the furniture similar. The fabrics are whites and reds. The carpet is a soft brown color.

My shoes are no longer on my feet and a white robe is now tightly bound to my body. I look up. Atticus adorns the same outfit.

"Loki, what would you like to start with?" Atticus asks. I ponder for a moment.

"What do you do?" I ask. He nods, turning to a table. Atop the table is a large array of vials and beakers. He picks up two liquids, one blue, one yellow.

"I modify what is already there. You already had the ability to shapeshift, I just made it more to your father's liking. The magic I use is called Cellunum. It manipulates the cells in your body that the magic comes from." Atticus explains. I nod my head.

"How do you do it?" I ask. He nods, motioning to the table.

"I have memorized multiple spells and they create specifically colored potions. I can use the potions as is or-" He holds up the vials and smashes them together. A puff of green smoke emites and a green vial rests in Atticus's hands. "Combine them and it creates an entirely different result."

"What does that one do?" I ask.

"The green one just changes your temperature readings around." Atticus explains. I raise an eyebrown.

That's familiar?

"I see. How can you help me with my shapeshifting abilities?" I ask. Atticus smiles.

"With you, I had to do a lot of studying to find out how to modify you. I had to learn how you shapeshifted to begin with so I could change it. I know exactly how your body does it. You give a command in your head and then your body moruphs and takes on the entire chemical makeup of the creature you became. What is also amazing is that it is entirely subconscious. You don't even have to think about it if you don't want to." He explains. I nod.

"Can you teach me how to do it?" I ask. He smiles, nodding.

"Yes, I can. But it will take time."

"I've got nothing but that, Atticus."

~

Weeks turn into months as I practice and train with Atticus. I take my breaks at the mansion. I don't get very many however. By the end of my training, it is now winter.

I return to the mansion, to stay this time. I open the door, just to be tackled by Smile.

"Hi baby! I missed you too bubba! What a good boy! Who's my good boy?" I praise. He barks happily, then climbs off me. A shadow hovers over me. I look up.

Toby looms there for a moment before extending his hand to me. I take it and he pulls me into a hug.

"How long will you be here this time, love?" He asks. I look up at him. His face drops. "A day? An hour? Half an hour, huh?"

I drop my head. He whines, snuggling into my shoulder.

"Just kidding. I'm here to stay, Toby." I explain. Toby's head shoots up. He grabs my shoulders.

"Really? Like really really?!" He asks. I nod my head.

He jumps up and down, ticcing all over the place. He plants his lips on mine before spinning around and running off.

"Loki's here to stay guys! They are gonna stay!" Toby yells. I smile softly, wrapping my arms behind my head. I watch my love run around like a psychopath. Oh, wait.

Zero approaches me. I turn to her and smile.

I didn't  really have the chance to meet any of the brothers' pastas. I just know their names and that's it really.