5

The three of them were talking leisurely–taking their time–when Shen Qingqiu then excused himself to go back to work before he would go to Xie Lian's and then to Wei Wuxian's condo. 

"I also need to leave in a few minutes to stock up on things." Wei Wuxian took his glass of beer and drank it. "Can you tell Qiuqiu to bring food later? I don't think I have any food at home. Oh and alcohol. And don't forget your swimming suit. Oh, and…"

"Yes, don't worry about it." Xie Lian shushed Wei Wuxian by patting his back. He was used to Wei Wuxian being panicking over trivial stuff and he loved him for it. "See you tonight."

"Yeah, later." Then he went out.

Xie Lian then ate the last of the desert, a perfectly made chocolate lava cake with a side of baileys vanilla ice cream–his absolute favorite–when he spotted the newcomers. Well, obviously everyone spotted them, it was hard not to since they were three very tall, very handsome, and very domineering men. And he knew them.

Xie Lian swallowed the last bit of the cake and thanked the lord that Shen Qingqiu had already gone inside, otherwise there would be blood spilled on the floor. He noticed that Luo Binghe had this expectant look on his face. The man did wear his heart on his sleeve and Xie Lian hoped Shen Qingqiu would give him a chance instead of keeping denying the nice man. Who knows? After all, if he still came back after the way Shen Qingqiu treated him… well, maybe it was true love, who knew.

The other man was his own boss–Lan Wangji–the heir of the Cloud Recess Publisher and Entertainment, a very handsome man that was also intimidating those who didn't know him. What people didn't know was that he was also very dedicated to his work, and although he rarely went out, he always had beautiful women in his arms when he was attending some award gala. Xie Lian suspected that none of them were serious though since the man spent almost all of his waking hours at work. He came before anyone else and left before anyone else. Who had time to manage a relationship when the only thing you care about was your work? Xie Lian understood the man though, since he and his friends were also the same–sans the beautiful girls. 

The last of them was the most beautiful creature that he ever landed his eyes on–Hua Cheng. His boss was very handsome, but this man also had a mysterious aura that was very attractive to him. He knew that Hua Cheng handled his family's hotel business but other than that, zilch. Not that he tried to find out about him. (He did.) 

That man could turn any man he wanted gay. For example, himself. Oh he had dates. With women. But he hadn't been able to find that je ne sais quoi that Wei Wuxian wanted in his relationship, and that was probably the reason why Shen Qingqiu was not interested in dating either. They all needed that connection before they could have the hanky panky. Especially that the ladies nowadays were quite the gold digger.

But this man… this man incited a want in him that he never knew he had. He had shivers only from the way the man moved his gaze around the room and stopped at him. And he smiled, then turned to Lan Wangji to whisper something to him. Lan Wangji nodded and when they walked to his direction, he could feel that his legs turned to jelly, and his heart beat faster.

"Xie Lian." Lan Wangji smiled at him. "Nice to see you here. Are you alone? May we join you?"

"Please," he gestured to the waiter to clean the table. "I will be honored if you join me, boss. My companions have already left unfortunately." Too bad Wei Wuxian had left, he wanted to introduce him to the man who had helped him.

"You know Hua Cheng, and Binghe." They all sat down, with Hua Cheng sat beside him. It caused his heart to do the wild dance once again. He could smell the fresh scent wafted from Hua Cheng's long hair mixed with his unique manly scent, and it caused him to… daydream.

"Yes. Nice to meet you." Xie Lian was shaking, but he tried to cover it by smiling and calling the waiter to tell Shen Qingqiu to prepare their best food for three people. The waiter nodded and disappeared into the kitchen.

"So, Xie Lian. I heard that AJ is going to take her maternity leave soon?" Lan Wangji started to talk. In fact he knew exactly when AJ's maternity leave was, since she was his cousin and she dared threaten him to give her early leave or else. That woman was a menace, but she had a large reader base and fans, so he let it slide. And also his mom would throw a fit if he dared fire AJ, she was her favourite niece after all.

"Yeah, but I found her temporary replacement already." Now Xie Lian was sweating. He didn't know how his boss would react when he received the news that some unknown person took over the very popular sex blog–a virgin nonetheless.

"Oh? Already? Do I know the person?" The waiter came and brought a basket of garlic bread and a huge plate of antipasto, which consisted of cured meats, olives, pepperoncini, anchovies, artichoke hearts, various cheeses, and grilled vegetables in highest grade olive oil. There was also a basket of homemade crusty bread to go with it. 

They all started to eat, while Xie Lian tried to compose himself before he told Lan Wangji the good–or bad news.

"Actually, I–I asked my friend to do it." He could see Lan Wangji paused, and quickly continued. "He was good at romance stuff, trust me. You should see his work first before you decide anything." He tried to calm his heart–partly from the anxiousness that he asked Wei Wuxian the virgin to handle sex blog, and partly from the stare that Hua Cheng gave him. Oh, and also Lan Wangji's amused look.

"Oh? Your friend? Is he a writer too?" Lan Wangji calmly resumed eating. He picked the artichoke heart and savored it. Unlike Luo Binghe who crammed the meat into his mouth while sighing like a broken-hearted maiden. Hua Cheng looked at him distastefully while munching some pepperoncini wrapped with ham. Such a drama queen.

"Uhm, not yet?" Xie Lian fiddled with his finger. This was too much for his nerves. "He's the owner of this restaurant, the one you recommended for the condo by the beach?"

There's a sudden silence around the table for a few seconds, when suddenly Hua Cheng laughed.

"Oh, god, this is so hilarious!" He slapped his own thigh in amusement, while Lan Wangji glared at him. Luo Binghe didn't pay much attention since his eyes wandered to the kitchen door, hoping to get a glance of Shen Qingqiu. Just like a puppy dog.

Xie Lian–though confused–smiled sweetly at Hua Cheng, who suddenly stopped laughing and looked back at Xie Lian seriously, before he blurted out his next words.

"Hey, Xie Lian. Are you seeing someone at the moment?"