21

The room was strewn with clothes that Wei Wuxian threw out in his mission to pick out the perfect wardrobe for his… excursion with Lan Wangji tonight.

He picked a black t-shirt with a smiley face, wore it, and then threw it away, and it landed on Shen Qingqiu's face, making Xie Lian giggled.

"And here you are, still in denial whether this is a date or just an excursion like you insist." Shen Qingqiu took the t-shirt, refolded it, and put it onto the growing pile of the discarded clothes on Wei Wuxian's bed. "Do you have anything other than printed black t-shirts?" He frowned and started to get alarmed by the amount of black t-shirts that Wei Wuxian had. "Scratch that. I don't think you've grown your goth biker phase from high school."

"Shut up. I never have the need to go to any of these fancy places, that's why I called Xie Lian to dress me. I don't know why you tagged along if you're only gonna bitch, as a matter of fact." Wei Wuxian glared at Shen Qingqiu and then took off his pants too. Now he was standing in front of the full wall mirror with only his black boxer. "Now dress me fancy, brother."

Xie Lian had brought arsenals with him–samples of products from the magazine. He already knew that Wei Wuxian didn't have any decent clothes and that he just bought all of his black t-shirts in bulk, along with the black jeans. His boots looked like they'd been in World War 2 and his jacket was a birthday gift a couple of years ago from Xie Lian.

Xie Lian made a mental note that he would soon refresh his best friend's wardrobe, especially if he was going to date Lan Wangji. Not that Wei Wuxian mentioned anything about a date. Just two friends enjoyed a good time.

Yeah right. Keep telling yourself that, bro.

"Try this on, Xianxian."

Xie Lian had prepared a set of black designer jeans with a fitting black shirt and a very beautiful black silk kimono with red spider lilies printed on it. He also prepared a pair of black designer biker boots that Wei Wuxian had admired a few weeks back when Xie Lian browsed the new items from the designer for a photoshoot, since he happened to have the exact size for him.

Xie Lian completed the look with black onyx earring, and tied his long hair in a half ponytail, and then took off the first three buttons off the shirt. When Wei Wuxian protested he told him to shut it, and proceeded to add a thin black leather choker. He also painted Wei Wuxian's nails black and added thin red eyeliner under his beautiful eyes.

When he took a step back and checked his best friend's overall look, even he was in awe of how beautiful Wei Wuxian was. He looked like a demon from the underworld who exuded charms and sexuality. And he bet his one year salary that Lan Wangji would not be able to keep himself calm or keep his hands to himself again when he looked at this man.

"Wow." Wei Wuxian was speechless when he looked at his own image in the mirror.

He looked very handsome and dangerous, just like a demon lord from the underworld, and Xie Lian looked very proud of his handiwork.

"Not bad, Xianxian, you look decent now. Just like you're supposed to be. A very famous chef and a future successful romance writer."

"I agree." Shen Qingqiu nodded with pride filled his heart. It was like sending your kid to a prom for the first time and he was proud–although cautious too, like a mother hen.

"And you're next, Qiuqiu." Xie Lian said with a very satisfied look on his face.

Yep, just as he thought, Luo Binghe asked Shen Qingqiu out on a date after they finished the order, and since the man himself had promised he would grant one request, he agreed.

And although his wardrobe collection was not as bad as Wei Wuxian, they still didn't have anything decent to wear, since they never went on any date with anyone, and their usual bad boys' attire had already attracted the women like butterflies.

"Do you know where you would be going?" Wei Wuxian asked Shen Qingqiu who groaned and threw himself to the bed.

"I have no idea. That man said that he would surprise me with the best date ever. And to wear something casual." The voice came out mumbled since the man was facing down the bed and covered his face with the pillow. "I can't believe I agreed to grant a request to that… that man."

"Just admit that his persistence is finally wearing you down." Xie Lian chuckled as he picked a pair of dark colored jeans and dark green shirt, together with a pair of white sneakers. He also threw a casual varsity jacket in dark green and brown, then tied his hair into a man bun.

"There, effortlessly casual. You don't want to look like you put any effort into this so-called date, do you?"

Shen Qingqiu was the same as Wei Wuxian in terms of fashion sense. They both had three pairs of ripped jeans and a dozen shirts–all black for Wei Wuxian, and colorful for Shen Qingqiu–and a suit from their graduation day which was gathering dust in the corner of their wardrobe.

"Hmm, it'll do." Shen Qingqiu looked at his own image in front of the mirror and admitted that he looked good. Effortless. He didn't want to let Luo Binghe know that he put any effort at all in their so-called date. So what if he was disappointed? Although he doubted that after the dog-with-bone persistence the man showed him, he would be disappointed even if he showed up wearing his oldest and tattered pajamas.

Xie Lian chuckled at how Shen Qingqiu pretended he did not care at all, that tsundere.

When the doorbell rang, he saw from the doorbell camera that it was Lan Wangji–who wore an all black ensemble without a tie. He looked hot, and rich, and he delivered Wei Wuxian to the astonished man who almost dropped his jaw when he saw the latter.

"Oh. Wow. You look…" Lan Wangji was trying to find a word when Wei Wuxian cut him.

"Weird? Over the top? I mean, I have no idea what to wear and Xie Lian helped me." Wei Wuxian fidgeted and became flustered from the scorching hot gaze that Lan Wangji gave him.

"Perfect. You look like a dream." Lan Wangji finally was able to speak, and he then winked at Xie Lian. "Thank you for your help. I appreciate it." He made a note to raise Xie Lian's salary for making the hot chef even hotter and it caused his blood to boil. He wondered if he could survive the night with this beautiful man standing beside him smelling like a dessert, and knowing too well that he could only see and not touch.

Especially not on their first date.

"Have a great night kids!" Xie Lian chuckled and pushed both of them out.

Not five minutes later though, the bell rang out once more and Xie Lian opened it to see the very nervous Luo Binghe in dark jeans and dark t-shirt with black biker jacket, brought a bouquet of sunflowers and asked Xie Lian if Shen Qingqiu was ready.

Xie Lian's heart went out to the obviously nervous man, and he dragged Shen Qingqiu down and shoved him out to his protests. But he just waved his hand and slammed the door to Wei Wuxian's house in front of them.

After a few minutes of smiling and being happy for his friends, he decided to have a quiet night in with some romcom on Netflix and probably a Chinese takeaway. He would order a lot of dishes and binge watch television and drink beer to his heart's content.

When he started to choose the food he was going to order through the app though, the doorbell rang once again, and he frowned. He was not in the mood to entertain any guests, so he would pretend that no one's home. The person should give up after a few minutes.

But curiosity made him check the doorbell camera and when he saw who came, he was very surprised.

It took him a few minutes to compose himself and clear his throat before he opened the door to a smiling Hua Cheng–who brought a lot of takeaway cartons and a couple of dozens of beers.

"Heard that you're going to be alone, so I decided that hey, why not be alone together while my cousins went for dates with your friends."