Happy Birthday Wei Wuxian 🥰

The omakase started with monkfish liver, sake-steamed abalone, giant clam, marinated premium tuna belly, sea urchin, and unlimited fresh uni – which melted in their tongues like butter – and happened to be Wei Wuxian's ultimate favorite.

Next came the Miyazaki beef nigiri, with uni and caviar, golden eye snapper, Wagyu Ohmi beef tataki, A5 quality, topped with shaved truffle, and nigiri rolls that were made from pink salmon's belly sourced from Norway and foie gras.

They were all made using the top of the line ingredient, and the fish, the meat, all were marinated in Chef Jiro specially made soy sauce that was also used to baste the other stuff – which happened to be Wei Wuxian's favorite. All of them. Although he tried not to indulge himself too much by eating them only once a year, or if there's a special occasion.

It was rumored that Chef Jiro made his own soy sauce with his family's secret recipe – which caused his competitions to try to find the secret ingredient out in any way possible, including bribery and espionage.

"You know, the secret of Chef Jiro's soy sauce here is that he used the same batch as his ancestors – hundreds of years ago. He marinated the fish and other stuff inside the sauce, and it would then add this special umami into it, that no one could replicate." Lan Wangji casually revealed the secret to the ultimate secret to Wei Wuxian – which caused the latter to gape in amusement.

"Lan Zhan, you do know that it is the most sought after secret in the culinary world right?" He tilted his head in question to Lan Wangji. "Why did you tell me that?"

"Because I don't want to keep any secrets from you."

Wei Wuxian was kinda surprised when he heard Lan Wangji's words and the seriousness in his eyes. It caused his heart to beat a little bit faster from the sudden warmth that spread so suddenly, and his stomach to get all fluttery.

"And also because there's no one that would be able to copy his recipe, sort of stealing the whole pot, since he himself didn't know what's actually inside the soy sauce. Right, Jiro-san?" Lan Wangji saluted the man, who smiled cheekily and followed suit.

He did that because he didn't want to burden Wei Wuxian this early with his feelings, but nevertheless, the handsome chef could feel the intensity of it.

The fluttery feeling was so foreign to Wei Wuxian, that he didn't know what to do except gaping like goldfish and blushing hard up to his roots. He then took the bottle of the special sake and poured it into his cup before he drank it all.

What he didn't know was that the sake was several times more potent than the beer or the wine he used to drink, and he could feel it go straight to his head – probably loosening his inhibition too.

"So, Lan Zhan, tell me." Wei Wuxian drank another cup of sake and he could feel more relaxed and looked over at the man who sat beside him. "I have this feeling that you… like me. Correct me if I'm wrong, please, then I will apologize and let's pretend that I said nothing."

Lan Wangji took his time to answer while he observed Wei Wuxian quietly. He looked so… delicious, with his plump lips and bright eyes from the alcohol, and he wanted so much to kiss the man right there and then. But he didn't want to scare him, not on their first date anyway. He would have plenty of time to kiss him later.

So, Lan Wangji decided to tell him the truth.

"Yes. As a matter of fact, I really like you, and I want to get to know you better. And to answer your next question, no, I do not care about gender, and I would like to pursue you as my romantic interest." Lan Wangji touched Wei Wuxian's lips with his thumb, and caressed his cheek slowly, savoring the softness of it.

Wei Wuxian was not that surprised since he actually could feel it, that this extraordinary man was actively pursuing him. Hell, he was dense but not that dense to be blind of his obvious intention since they first met.

True, he was having a little doubt, especially about the part of their same anatomy, but he never felt like this before. Not even when the young and beautiful starlet confessed her love for him that caused a scene for the paparazzi.

Maybe he should give this a try, after all, the feelings were already there. Especially when his fingers touched him like this. Wei Wuxian felt like Lan Wangji had ignited the fire within him, and it started to burn bright – slowly, but surely.

"Don't worry, Wei Ying, I don't expect you to give me your answer right away. We could start slowly as friends, since I intend to sweep you off your feet. Utterly and completely." Lan Wangji gave Wei Wuxian a smile that was so bright he could feel the genuine emotion behind it, and it made him feel giddy with anticipation.

Then without any preamble, he moved forward and kissed Lan Wangji on the mouth softly since he wanted to taste him ever since he had laid his eyes on him. Or his abs. That sinfully looking, delicious eight pack abs which were always out in front of his windows no matter what came – rain or shine.

The gesture surprised Lan Wangji, but it surprised Wei Wuxian so much more, since he rarely did anything this… bold.

He did have a few kissing experiences, but nothing prepared him for this jolt of electricity when his lips touched Lan Wangji's. And it felt really good. So after the initial shock, he opened his mouth to lick Lan Wangji's lips, and the action caused the latter to get very aroused. Lan Wangji already had the subtle erection ever since they were back in his mother's party, and now, with such a sweet kiss, it came roaring out – demanding its pound of flesh.

Lan Wangji grabbed Wei Wuxian's neck and pulled him closer to shorten the distance between them and opened his mouth to taste him.

Oh how he tasted so sweet, and so delicious… better than what he imagined. And he could feel the strain in his pants was getting harder and caused him to be very uncomfortable, but he still wanted more and more kisses, until they both gasped from the lack of oxygen.

"Sweet Jesus…" Wei Wuxian gasped as he took a deep breath and laughed from the unexpected arousal that caused him to get hard and uncomfortable.

"Yeah, sweet Jesus indeed." Lan Wangji smiled as he caressed Wei Wuxian's long hair and inhaled its scent. "As much as I want to continue, but we still have more surprises coming, and I prefer to give it to you first, before we… continue with what we're doing."

"Another surprise?" Wei Wuxian quirked his brow with amusement. "Tell me, Lan Zhan, was this supposed to be a date? Because if it was, then you nailed it. Everything is perfect. You are perfect." Wei Wuxian was so touched with the effort that Lan Wangji showed. He was having the time of his life within the short time they were together, just the two of them. And it rarely happened unless he was with his best friends.

"Wait till you see this." Lan Wangji grinned as he snapped his fingers and suddenly the penthouse dimmed. Then Wei Wuxian could see that one by one, a sparkler appeared from the end of the long corridor, and he could hear someone walking toward them.

When the person appeared, he brought a trolley with a huge cake and the man who brought it lit the sparklers on the cake.

Wei Wuxian was indeed very surprised, and he was also touched, because this was the first time in his life that anyone remembered about this day, outside of his best friends. And he couldn't help but feel a teardrop on his cheek, when he felt the warmth of Lan Wangji's embrace from behind, hugging him tight and kissing his hair, while he whispered intimately to him.

"Happy birthday, Wei Ying."