14

I have been very attracted to my neighbor for a while now. 

See, he's this beautiful soul that shines bright and I am caught in his light. I just couldn't help it.

The problem is l, I don't know how to approach him, or how to tell him that I really really like him without him running away in the opposite direction, since we are the same gender, and I don't know about his preference.

I believe in proper courting, and I would love to have advice on how to make him fall for me.

Hanguang Jun

Wei Wuxian entered AJ's office and found that Xie Lian had already been waiting for him there with a cup of tea and a book in his hand. He smiled when he saw Wei Wuxian enter with the food container and a smile on his face.

"I saw you coming in with Lan Wangji. I take it that the breakfast was a success?" He opened the container and inhaled the smell of the casserole. "Damn, you made this casserole for your first date?" Xie Lian took a bite of the casserole and moaned in delight.

"What first date?" Wei Wuxian walked to the computer and saw that it had been opened to the new message for AJ.

He read it, and felt very touched by this man's old-fashioned view and his willingness to properly court someone in this wham-bam-thankyou-ma'am (or monsieur) culture. It's very refreshing, and right up to his alley with his much needed true-story romance for his book research.

"I see you've given me my first assignment, Dianxia." Wei Wuxian chuckled as he read the email. "This actually is not as bad as I thought it would be."

"Yeah, only because I have filtered the email to only the mildest cases for your first day. I don't want you to die with a raging hard on, or worse, erectile dysfunction. Those people could be very… let's just say, honest." Xie Lian chuckled. "And that one is right up in your alley, so I can report back to the boss that you're doing great." 

When Wei Wuxian heard the word boss, he got red in his ears. He couldn't help but feel the blood rushing out to the place that it shouldn't when he thought about the boss. That man smelled so good, and as a chef who depended on his ability to smell, he was… hooked.

Damn, he didn't even know his own sexual preferences, normal, maybe bi? Or pan? Or maybe more like aesthetic-sexual? That man was so aesthetic, he could stand in the middle of the street and women would tear their own clothes and beg him to impregnate them. 

Hell, if he could, he would.

Shame he still needed to find out more about himself before he decided on what to do with Mr. Hot Boss.

Anyway, on to the question.

Hmm…

Of course Xie Lian was always right, this question was right up his alley with courting, romance, the problem was… well, same gender romance? He had no idea how that worked. Was it the same as the opposite gender romance? Well, he didn't have much experience in that department either.

Anyway, he would just try to answer it according to his opinion, because he wouldn't be able to imitate AJ's sassy style anyway.

Dear Hanguang Jun

The first thing you should do is be true to yourself, and show him the person that you really are–good and bad. 

In short, be his friend first.

If and when the attraction is there, it would not go away, even if you show the worst side of yourself.

Be real, be human, be yourself.

Befriend him, befriend his friends. 

Encouraging from the finish line

WWX

Hmm…

Definitely not as catchy or as sassy as AJ's reply, but well…

He took an extra time to hit the post button and then closed the monitor, afraid of the response.

"So?" Xie Lian looked so satisfied. "How does it feel? Publishing your work for the first time?"

"Like I'm just throwing a grenade and now waiting for the explosion to come." Wei Wuxian winced in imaginary pain.

Xie Lian laughed as he hugged Wei Wuxian. 

"That was exactly how I felt back when I first hit publish when I first worked here." He grinned and gave a cup of green tea to Wei Wuxian. "It was so… exhilarating, like you're baring your soul to the world and waiting in anticipation of what they think about it." 

Yeah, that was exactly how he felt.

"So, on second thought, why don't you try to publish your work on free platforms? There are many of them around, and you should try to get opinions and build your fan base before you actually publish the real book. Hell, you can even put a lot of grammatically incorrect sentences in one paragraph that would surely burn Ling Wen's eyes, but someone would definitely like it."

Wei Wuxian knew about those platforms, mostly they contained fanfiction–which he might or might not binge read until he cried or laughed, when he was stressed with his work–and god knew what else. 

Maybe he should try to learn more about same sex relationship from those fanfictions, he heard that they could be pretty… explicit.

"I think I definitely will think about it." Wei Wuxian nodded and opened the computer again to see what else was in his inbox. He prayed that hopefully, the problems would not be too specific, or he would have no clue and had to google it.