The Neverfriending Story

Last week my brother and I visited our dad in Italy. It was so great to see my father again after almost two years of being apart. We had an amazing time together but it ended too soon in my book. 

I was back home now and I was spending the day with Phoebe, Cherry, and Maddy. We walked inside Phoebe's house laughing about random stuff when we saw Max and his friends walking through the back door. I smiled at my boyfriend who smiled back at me. We still haven't told Phoebe because she would be upset that I'm dating her brother. She even told me she didn't want me to date him so I need to keep my mouth shut. Both groups glared at each other and I had to fake my glare because of the girls. "What are you doing here?" Max asked his sister with a heavy glare.

"We're gonna watch a movie," Phoebe informed as we slowly walked closer.

"Not on that couch. Oyster, launch mode." Max instructed Oyster and both the boys grabbed Gideon.

"What's launch mode?" Gideon asked before he got thrown onto the couch. Gideon screamed in fear. "Ow! You could've just called dibs."

"Looks like you girls are gonna have to watch tv somewhere else," Max told us as Phoebe and I approached him behind the else while the others sat down on the couch.

"Hmm, you boys may have the couch, but we have the remote," I smirked at him and turned on the TV with the remote.

Max scoffed. "Keep the remote. We're out of here. My friends don't want to hang out with your friends."

"Shhhh!" Cherry, Maddy, Oyster, and Gideon turned to us and we stared at him with wide eyes.

"From the makers of Werewolf Hurricane and Vampire Twister comes a supernatural storm that no one could forecast: Zombie Rain 3D" The man on the tv announced and the four of them gasped with delight. I saw that movie with Phoebe and I didn't like it as much as I thought I did. It was a horror movie and I don't do horror. "I so wanna see that!" Oyster pointed.

"Me too. Two girls, we went to school and saw it and they both had nightmares ever since." Cherry explained and I rolled my eyes.

"That was Phoebe and me." I notified Cherry a little offended.

"Hey, we should all go tonight," Maddy suggested.

"Oh, sweetious!" Oyster smiled.

"Not sweetious!" Max shook his head and looked at us. "Phoebe, I've seen the movie, I've seen your friends. I'm not a fan of either."

"You do realize you are friends with one of her friends" I say. Max ignored me.

"Trust me, none of you guys should go. Some girl got pink eyes from the 3D Glasses." Phoebe informed us and we all looked at her. I raised my eyebrow at her.

"That was you." I continued and Phoebe gave me a small glare.

"Hey, there's a 7:00 showing," Cherry told us, checking her phone. The four of them rose to their feet and started to leave.

"That's perfect. I have an early cricket match tomorrow." Gideon told us and we looked at him in confusion. "You heard me." The four of them leave and I sighed in defeat. My phone buzzed and I pulled it out. Jace texted me saying he wants me home.

"I gotta go, guys," I told my friends who were upset about the friend situation.

"Aww, okay." Phoebe shrugged and we hugged. 

"Bye." I gave Max a wave and he returned it before I walked out of the house. As I shut the door I groaned and rubbed my forehead.

***

Later that same night, Phoebe called me and wanted me to come over. They couldn't go to the movie because they had to babysit Billy and Nora because their parents went out on a date. At that moment we were in Max's lair and Max was trying to figure out a way to stop our friends from becoming a huge group. Of course, I wouldn't mind spending more time with Max but Phoebe would be against that idea. I was sitting on Max's bed bored out of my mind and Phoebe was texting her friends