Call of Lunch Duty

"Where are they?" I asked myself, panicking. I couldn't find my contacts anywhere and my glasses were being fixed because Jace stepped on them. I searched my entire room and the bathroom and couldn't find any of them. "Jace!" I called and walked down the hall. My vision was blurry but I can see well enough not to run into anything.

"What?!" He called and I went down the steps.

"Have you seen my contacts anywhere?" I asked him and Jace came into the living room with a cup of coffee.

"No, but you can borrow mine?" He offered.

"Thanks, but I would like to know where mine are," I told him, biting my nails nervously.

"Don't stress, Iz. You can borrow mine and I'll go to our eye doctor and get more." He assured me and I smiled with relief.

"Thanks, Jace," I said and he grinned.

"Want me to drive you to school?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Max is walking with me," I replied and he nodded.

"You guys are getting pretty serious and it's only been about four months," Jace mentioned and I shrugged.

"Yeah but we're still a secret to everyone," I told him. There was a knock on the door

"Come in, Max!" I smiled and Max walked in. Even blurry he's still attractive.

"Hey, Ellie." He greeted and kissed my cheek.

"Hey." I smiled. "I'll be back. I just have to grab my bag."

"Okay." He said and I went upstairs. I went into Jace's room which was a mess but who am I to judge when my room's the exact same. I found his contacts and grabbed a pair and went into the bathroom. I quickly placed them in and my vision became clear. "Thank you, Jace," I muttered and exited the bathroom. I grabbed my bag and phone and headed downstairs. I didn't see the boys and went into the kitchen. They were talking and seemed like they were getting along well. I leaned against the wall and cleared my throat. They stopped talking and looked at me. "Trying to steal my boyfriend?" I joked. "Watch out or I might steal Daisy from ya." Jace rolled his eyes and Max chuckled.

"I'd like to see ya try, little sis." Jace countered and I smirked at him playfully.

"I will." I winked and Max came up to me. Jace shook his head and waved me off.

"Whatever." I chuckled and Max grabbed my hand. "Bye." We walked out of my house and to the school. This is one of the only times Max and I get alone time on our way to school. Having a secret relationship is tough but it will be worth it in the end when we finally announce it. Not too long after we left we walked into the school. Max was chewing gum and we spotted Phoebe. I walked a little behind Max so it wasn't obvious we walked here together.

"Hi, Phoebe." I greeted and she waved at me.

"Hey Phoebe, this is for your dumb gum project," Max told her and took out the gum he was chewing and smashed it onto her phone. Phoebe ignored what he did and sighed.

"Help me come up with a new story for my journalism class." Phoebe pleaded with both of us. "If my story gets on the cover it's a guaranteed 'A'."

"Uhh.." I trailed off but Max jumped in first.

"Okay, I got the perfect headline," Max exclaimed and wrapped his arm around Phoebe. "Handsome brother and beautiful best friend walk away." I smiled at him but then glared at Max. Phoebe and I shared a look of annoyance and rolled our eyes.

"Hey, Rebel Raptor stuck again!" Max announced and we followed him from a distance as he approached the posters on the lockers of Bradford dressed as a clown. "Whoever's making these really captured Bradford's stink line." A few students laughed and I giggled.