11 : The Rescued Girl

After waiting for some time, stressed out, walking back and forth, I calmed my mind and rested myself on the soft sofa at the corner. The director's office was big and really beautiful. Even with lots of work files lying on the shelves and papers of different sizes pinned on the walls, it still looks massive and well maintained.

But my mind was away from all these things. I was just thinking and making illogical assumptions of what must be happening inside that underground dungeon.

Maybe they're just talking and relaxing. My mind said to me. But William already didn't like Steve. What if he started a fight?

I snapped myself back from my illogical assumptions and looked towards Rita. She was standing, resting her back to the big window, calmly looking at the entrance of the underground dungeon. I quickly stood up from the sofa when the sound of footsteps appeared from the entrance.

I walked forward, towards the dungeon entrance, with a curious face. Rita turned her face towards the sound of footsteps and looked inside the dungeon.

"How was it?" she asked, looking inside the entrance.

"It was...fine." answered the voice, which I recognised as William's.

Soon, Steve walked out of the dungeon with his one wounded arm, followed by William, calm, quiet, lost in his own thoughts, as usual. Steve's one arm was badly wounded, as if it was stuck under a large boulder.

His arm? Did they actually fight inside? I thought. But, William doesn't look angry at Steve anymore.

"Steve, why is your one arm so badly injured?" I asked. "Wait! Is it okay if I call you that? Or should I go with 'Director'?"

"It's totally accepted. In fact, I prefer calling Steve when no one is around." Steve said, giving a smile on his face. "And about my hand. It's nothing to worry about. William and I were sparing, and he sure is strong." he smiled again.

Director Steve Tradis, lying to his comrades? Okay. Thought William.

I can easily sense if anyone is lying, and Steve definitely was. But I preferred not to ask him the reason. I'm sure he has a good reason for lying to me and probably even Rita. William was quiet the whole time. Rita looked at William and he nodded his head, showing his approval of Steve's statement. Steve walked towards one of the closets near his chair and removed a soft white towel out of it. He carefully placed the white towel on one of the hands of the chair.

"I can help if you want," said Rita. "Your hand must be in pain."

"No! Don't touch it." Steve said quickly. "My hand is under a spell. It should heal before the sunset. If you touched my hand, the spell might backfire on you."

Rize stood in her place while Steve was settling his body on his chair. We stood quiet and gave him all the time he needed. He took a white tape out of his desk drawer and wrapped it around his arm.

"Steve, can I take William back to the Zora Village." She asked. "His body is not well, he should rest a bit." and she thought : he should rest before things get bad again.

"Absolutely." answered Steve. "Sure you can, you don't need permission for that."

"Thank you." replied Rita. "We should leave now. So we can reach till evening."

"Sure." Steve faintly smiled.

I said nothing, I actually had nothing to say. The whole time I was quietly listening to them. Once Rita took permission to leave. She walked out of the office and I followed her. William stood inside the office for some more time. Once Rita and I walked outside, he asked :