12 : From the Divine, returns to the Divines

The day before the incident has happened-when the ships and armadas appeared in the skies of new DeSadia-the kind wishes to meet Steve early in the morning. Accepting the request, Steve stood before the throne.

"You wished to meet me, my king,"

The king smiled, "You've arrived," he had a happy tone. "I wish you to travel to Thena, there are some official statement which might be issued and we wish to avoid conflict with Thena."

New expression appeared on Steve, "It's my pleasure you thought I could be the suitable person for the job. But, I'm sure there're many consultants, much capable than me for this work.

"Besides, the Eva is going through many new changes recently," Steve mentioned. "With the extended friendship with the people beyond. I think it's important if not necessary for me to stay at Eva for some time."

"That won't be a problem," the voice appeared from the back and Mr Watt appeared from the shadows behind the king. "You can rest assured and relax. I shall look after that matter."

"Oh, Mr Watt, you're- here," Steve sounded how confused, half surprised.

"I happened to have some work with, his highness," Mr Watt replied. "I visited the day before, and his highness was very kind to ask a small person like me to stay for the day."

"I see-"

"His Majesty is indeed right," Mr Watt continued. "It is very kind of him to ask you for the work. And, I won't lie, I can't think of any other person for such task.

"And afterall, you won't deny the request from his highness, will you," Mr Watt had that tone in his voice. "That would be disrespecting. Afterall, he was the only one who believed in us and officially made us the part of nation, and supported us when we made bond with the outlanders. He's done to much for us."

Steve stood silent while the king and Mr Watt stood, looking at him, waiting for his answer.

Steve realised what this was and why this was. He realised what Mr Watt being here meant and what this work of his in Thena was about. But, his status was too low to refuse the king.

"Very well," Steve said, after a long silence.

~~

Rita stood outside the closed gates of Eva. Her hands pressed, but the gates didn't move.

"Why are the gates closed?" She'd ask on the wire.

An AI voice came from the other side, "The director has ordered-- none, except him, should be present in the facility today."

"Rita," she remembered Maya's words, from the time when Maya had returned alone from the 'lake of stars'. "William is heading toward the cloud wall, the cursed belt. . . with Mary."

"Mary?!" She'd ask in a surprised tone.

"Oh. . .yeah, about that. It's a long story, actually." Maya would say. "Maybe for some other time. Right now, just head back to the capital. Mary thinks there's something strange going on in the city of Amber. Though, she's still not sure what. But you might wanna give an idea about it to Steve."

Something strange? Rita, for once, asked herself. Maybe she meant the arrival of the war we are facing in Himi.

Rita touched the gates and tried to press the doors again. They didn't move. A spark struck her mind, and for a moment, Rita felt like her ears went deaf with a beep sound and her body was thrown away from the gates.

A blast. With wide eyes, she said to herself. Of a sound frequency beyond human hearing.

Rita rushed back toward the gates. "I'm the Eva Elite," she'd say. "Open the gates, you dumb system. Right now."