18 : They are here

While William was there, in Assyria, moving on his own journey, I, George Watson, was moving forward towards my next destination. That day after I sat in the car, the car moved from the different road, outside the capital and headed north, towards the glorious mountains, proudly standing on the north border, covered in snow.

'Leave the Capital today. I'll make the arrangements.' I still remember the words he said. 'Go to Mount Himi. I know someone who will let you stay there.'

After driving for almost four days, taking brakes to hide from the royal and noble soldiers, the driver pulled the brakes for the last time and the car slowly stopped, some distance away from the mountain area. The automatic windows were pulled down to reveal the group of glorious mountains standing in front of the car.

'George Watson, your achievements are quite impressive. And the incident in that area showed me, you are worthy of my trust, you care about others.' Steve's words echoed inside my mind. 'But, you don't possess any cursed energy. Which makes it really difficult if not impossible for you to stand against stronger curses and the ranks.'

The driver removed his hat and kept on the nearby seat, opened the door and got out of the car. He walked around to my side and opened the doors, by entering the lock combination from outside.

"I thought we were going for mount Himi?"

"We have arrived at the place, sir." he said.

"We are yet to reach the mountain range."

"I was told to drop you here," he said with a convincing tone. "And Mount Himi is not a particular mountain. It is the mountain range spread across both nations, the second biggest on the continent"

Did Steve do this on purpose? I thought, and said, "What should I do now?"

The driver rubbed his gloves covered palms to avoid the cold and looked around for a while. Looked back at me.

"There is a restaurant nearby," he said. "You can wait here till the sun shows up and ask someone the exact location of where the Director has told you to go."

Steve didn't say anything specific about the location I should visit, but there was no reason to tell him that. I stood silent for some time and then nodded my head looking at him. After waiting for a while, the driver gave me a casual smile and took my permission to leave.

I smiled back and allowed him. The car drove away from the place and I went and rested myself on the bench nearby, waiting for the restaurant to open.

Many thoughts and images rushed inside my mind. As if all the recent events flashed before my eyes in minutes. I looked back and forth two trees nearby to distract myself from the thoughts. I didn't know my next step, I had no idea what my next move will be.

Where exactly should I go without knowing the place. I asked myself. I can't travel the whole mountain range, finding the place. It's spread across two nations.

"You need something there, my friend?" a voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

I looked up to see a man, wrapped in winter clothes and a big trench coat. His old aged face with some wrinkles and covered in beard, and his genuine welcoming smile.

"Nobody comes so early here." He said, opening the lock on the bifolding glass door of the place.

"Black tea?"

"Sure," he said. "Come on in."

The door opened and the man entered inside. He pulled the small chains attached to the handle at the corner of the main area and the place was lit up with bright yellow lights. I followed him inside rubbing my both cold palms against each other.