4 : The Rank Union

"Humans have arrived outside the illusion. The two of them."

The person stood at the entrance of the settlement. His back, still partially touching the illusion wall. The feelings on his face couldn't be described. They were hard to read from Astharoth's memories.

"Humans," Lucifer still maintained his calm. "Impressive how, with their limited knowledge of these concepts, they still managed to notice the place we reside in, in less than five centuries."

"Do they plan to suppress us?" One of the people said from Lucifer's back.

"I'm sure that won't be the reason for their visit, brother Valefor," Lucifer replied. "If they managed to notice this place, they sure have a higher level of understanding. In that case, they would have not stood outside and came in countable numbers.

"Astharoth," Lucifer glanced at him, extending his arm with open palms. "I'm aware we just met. But, you, just like we all, are from DeSadia too. You are one of us, regardless of our differences. And you're a wise man . . . would you mind joining me to meet them?"

Astharoth, during the conversation, had already realised what Lucifer was trying from the very beginning. Lucifer was a calm listener and was as formal as one possibly can. Trying to keep his standards, his life force and being kind enough to ask a stranger to join him.

Lucifer's attempt to create a trust bond, a link between Astharoth's group and theirs was seen by his mind. Astharoth would have not hesitated to back off, as that thought crossed his mind several times during the conversation. But, DeSadians, in this world, were a minority. And, regardless of the differences between them, he knew- the small fishes could only survive from predators if they stuck together.

"Would be a pleasure," Astharoth replied, accepting the handshake..

Aligos and Vesemir glanced at each other, realising the unspoken, unofficial union between the two groups.

~~

Lucifer walked ahead through the illusion, with the person he once mentioned, Valefor. Astharoth, Aligos, and Vesemir followed them and we're followed by some other DeSadians.

Passing through the many layers of the illusion on the uneven surface of the mountain, the united group walked outside to notice two people, quietly standing, looking at them as they walked out.

The two were dressed in mostly the same type of attires, uniforms. A white shirt, pants in a shade of black, a brown necktie, and the older one, from the looks, wore a circular hat. The younger one had his hat removed, holding it at his stomach, and had a warm, welcoming smile.

Astharoth noticed how Lucifer, at first, hesitated a bit to start the conversation. He stood quiet, expecting them to begin.

"If I may," The younger one said, pointing toward the place closer to Lucifer.

Lucifer nodded.

The person, with a calm life force, walked some steps ahead and stood some steps away from Lucifer.

"It was rather. . . unexpected," Lucifer started. "We'd have never assumed humans to willingly visit us. At least, after the things and the spreading words that one must have heard recently, and considering our potential."

"Pardon me if we disturbed your precious time," the person said in a calm tone, and noticing his intonation, Astharoth could compare him with how Lucifer talked in their conversation.