12 : George Watson

Life is a really interesting concept. Sometimes it hits hard and sometimes, small things become the reason for peace and happiness. Life takes twists and turns, but it does not stop at place, life goes on. So do the stories and the legends of the remarkable people.

I, George Watson, never thought to write William's story as a book. But the way he faced his complicated life, it was fascinating for me. People live for decades, but books live for ages. So, this was my way to keep his memories alive.

~~

After his meeting with Erika, William felt more relaxed and comfortable. Amon drove him back to the EVA main building and William, without saying a word, went into the Director's office. Steve, after his arms were healed, started his paperwork again.

"Knock"

There was a single knock on Steve's office door. After some time, the door opened and William entered the room. Steve's eyes turned towards him and a smile appeared on his face.

"You returned." Said Steve. "How was your date?"

"For Heaven's sake Steve."

"It's fine to sometimes...not be serious." Steve said, laughing at him. "Anyways, how is Erika?"

"She's fine," said William. "She was quiet at the beginning, but in the end I saw her more relaxed."

"That's good,"

There was a smile and a different charm on William's face. He sure was happy that day. He walked around the office and looked at the papers pinned on the walls. He observed, analysed and observed again.

"You look happy,"

"I feel better," said William. "That meeting sure helped a lot."

Steve stood up from the chair and kept all his paperwork aside, he removed his reading glasses with his now-healed arm and walked towards the big office window.

"You should take some rest," Said Steve. "You can head back tomorrow morning,"

"I was about to head back to the room."

"I'll drive you back to the residential area." Said Steve, with a friendly tone and a smile. "You can wait for me outside."

"Sure."

William, with a faint smile, accepted the offer and after waiting for a little more time, walked outside the room. He turned around and closed the door behind him. As William walked outside the room, Steve turned and walked at the end of the big window.

With a two click sound, he removed the lock and opened the big window. As the windows opened, winds blew inside making his big cloak wave in the wind. He closed back the windows.

"You can come out," Said Steve, in a slightly serious tone. "He must be gone by now."

As he said, a strange person appeared from the shadows in the corner of the room. She was dressed in black, from neck to toes. And a black mask with only a window for eyes.

"Dressed in black? That's something new." said Steve,

"It helps for hiding in the shadows," said the woman in Black. "Especially when hiding from William."

"What do you think about him?"

"He's doing fine," said the woman. "I saw him fighting against Sallos, a little careless here and there...just like when he was small."

"Yeah, old memories--"

"Coming to the point." interrupted the Woman.

"You know Maya," interrupted Steve. "You can't hide this forever, you should not. Just talk to William, stop hiding from him." he said with a serious tone.