5 : Prophecy and the Reunion

"As of now, this is just a theory, a speculation if you may," I remember Mr. Yamato said to me, "But, I believe you might be the person in the Prophecy."

My body froze for a moment while my mind was tangled with a million different questions, rushing through it, like a stream of hot water running through a metal pipe, heating every particle in it.

I stood still for a moment before backing off. "M-me. . .?" I remember saying. "I'm honestly not sure if you got the right person there." I continued, "I'm but a trespasser who even forgot his way, found an unconscious kid, tried to save him, and happened to meet you. And I'm sure you're intelligent enough, kind sir, to see I, who lost his own way, can't be that person even by a long shot."

Mr. Yamato glanced down, toward the tatami mat on the floor and went quiet. I could see him sigh and sense a slight feeling of disappointment.

After a brief silence, he said, "Maybe. . . you're right. Maybe you're not the one." He looked back at me. "It has been a long. . . a long wait since the mountain people got divided into communities and the prophecy was heard. At the corner of their mind, the mountain people still wish to reunite, but can't forget the past and refuse to take the first step."

I sat quietly on my knees, listening to him. Observing his expressions.

"After waiting for so long," He said. "Every act of kindness an outlander does toward the mountain people and nature. My mind would conclude, maybe-just maybe, that person is the one from the prophecy. Pardon me for that claim. Maybe you're not the one."

~~

Mr. Yamato stood in the hallway of his mansion on the snowy mountains. The time was of night and the hallway was dark with only one on-head lamp lighting over his head. His hands held the receiver of the phone to his ears.

"Yes. . . sure," He'd reply to the person on the other side of the line. "Sure, understood."

The receiver was kept back on the dialer unit and he once glanced toward the seasons-themed calendar hung on the wall. His eyes went over the picture of the icy mountains, covering the upper half of the calendar.

That day, It had been almost three weeks since the first day Mr. Yamato brought me to his place. At the time, I'd still refuse to believe in that so-called prophecy. Steve's words still runged like an alarm in my head. To help William, I need to get stronger.

Mr Yamato, with Akio, agreed on helping me to develop my body and gain control over the changes seen in my body after the treatment with that blue flower.

Seasons in the mountains followed a peculiar pattern. One could notice a different season every set of days, repeating and recurring in a cyclical manner.

In the beginning, the Sun shined, melting the ice over the small trees making their leaves shine with the water droplets-shining like diamonds. Followed with some trees, shedding some of their leaves, which fell, floating on the small pond creating small waves.

Clouds covered the skies, blocking the sun and Winds blew, descending the western mountains, freezing back those drops. It was followed by snowfall, covering the area in white, and the sun shined again, as the clouds cleared, melting the snow from trees, starting the cycle again.

There was a sense of calmness and satisfaction, observing this pretty cycle of nature every three days. Days passed and every day the practice continued. Akio tied a band around my wrist. A mechanical band of some sort that would light up every time I got hit.

The ranks, dark, strong creatures, who that time I mistook as devils, had their bodies mutated which even by contact would start corrupting the mere ordinary cells of normal human beings.