IT'S NOT OUR BABY

__________________________

{PLEASE IGNORE THE SPELLING AND THE GRAMMAR MISTAKES}

*_*_*_*_*_*_*

It's a small apartment having a few plants pots outside on the door. The evening is smooth and calm. A man comes there on a bike wearing a helmet on his head and an office bag is hanging from his shoulder. He parks his bike there, removes his helmet and goes inside the home by using the spare key.

He places his office bag on a table and says to himself, "Jaan ne toh khana nahi banaya hoga. Aur aaj hum bhi itne thake hue hain ki humara mann bhi khana banane ka nahi ho raha hain. Ek kaam karte hain, aaj khana bahar se hi order kar dete hain."

He takes his mobile and is about to order some food for his wife and himself when he heard a melodious voice singing a lullaby (a cradle song or lori). His lips gain a small smile and his eyes get a little brim. It seems this smile has vanished for months and months.

"Yeh... yeh toh humari Jaan ki aawaz hain. Kaan taras gaye the inki aawaz sun-ne ke liye" saying this he puts his mobile in his pocket and quickly runs to his room. 

He steps into the room and looks at his wife whose back facing him and singing melodiously with carrying something in her arms

Laalla lala laa laa...
Laa lalla lala laa...

So jaa meri gudiya...
Tu kahe soye naa...
So jaa meri gudiya...
T

u kahe soye naa...
Meeti meeti lori sunaye teri maa...

So jaa meri gudiya...
Tu kahe soye naa...
Meethi meethi lori sunaye teri maa...
Sunaye re... sunaye teri maa...

He is surprised by this behaviour of hers. He is hell confused to know what is happening there. He sweetly calls her, "Jaan..."

She turns to him with a sweet smile on her face. "Anu, aap kab aaye? Sonu toh abhi abhi so gayi. Aapko pata hain aaj aapki laadli ne hume bilkul bhi nahi sataya. Jaise hi humne lori gaayi woh aaram se so gayi" she says this while looking at her baby in her arms. She places her baby in the cradle.

The earth slipped under his feet. He is hell surprised... not surprised, he is shocked beyond his limits. His mind is not ready to accept the incident which is happening in front of his eyes.