I'LL TELL YOU A STORY

{PLEASE IGNORE THE SPELLING AND THE GRAMMAR MISTAKES}

*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Anubhav's sleep is broken by the sunlight coming from the window. He annoyingly opens his eyes as he slept too late the last night as he came late after meeting with Smita. He doesn't find Haseena on the bed. He looks here and there in the bedroom and searches even in the bathroom but she is not there.

"Yeh Jaan kanha chali gayi?" he asks himself with concern.

He is about to go outside when his eyes fall on a chit on a table beside the bed which is written by Haseena.

He takes the chit and read it, "Anu, hum kuch der ke liye bahar jaa rahe hain. Kuch zaroori cheezein lene ke liye. Aap gehri nind mein the, iss liye aapko jagana sahi nahi samjha humne. Agar aap uth jaaye toh bank jaane ke liye taiyyar ho jaayiye. Hum tab tak aa jaayenge. Phir dono milkar breakfast kar lenge."

Anubhav runs his finger in his hair. He thinks in his mind, "Yeh Jaana kya karne jaa rahi hain hume kuch samajh nahi aa raha hain! Bahut vichitra vyavahar kar rahi hain. Ek kshan mein gussa kar rahi hain aur dusre hi kshan mein aise pesh aa rahi hain jaise kuch hua hi na ho. Simmu ne sahi kaha tha. Hume apni Jaan bahut dhyaan rakhna hoga. Woh bilkul bhi thik nahi hain. Ek kaam karte hain, aaj hum kaam par nahi jaayenge. Aur jaisa Simmu ne kaha hain, Jaana ke saath hi rahenge. Aur prayatna karenge unhe Sonu ke baare mein thik se samjhane ka"

He takes his mobile and informs on of his colleagues that for some emergency, he can't come to the bank today. Then, he takes his clothes from the cupboard and goes to the bathroom to freshen up.

------

Anubhav is warming the breakfast in the kitchen. He checks the time in his wrist watch.

"Jaan abhi tak nahi aayi. Hume toh laga tha ki ab tak aa jaayengi. Hume unhe dhundne jaana chahiye" he said to himself.

Switching off the gas, he comes outside the kitchen. As soon as he steps inside the hall, he sees Haseena sitting on a chair near the dining table with some shopping bags. He gets a little confused and goes near her. He stands behind her.

She doesn't notice him. He sees some yellow roses there. He is shocked by seeing this. Not only the yellow roses, but also she has brought some baby toys, baby products and baby food. It's not hard for him to guess the reason behind it. Yes, he knows that she has brought these all things for her beloved Sonu who exists only in her beliefs not in real life. He closes his eyes for a second.

He is going to say something, but before he can say it, Haseena says to herself, "Huff... Itna bada market hain, par kanhi par bhi peele gulaab nahi the. Kitni bhag daud karni padi iske liye. Humari Sonu ko kitne pasand hain yeh yellow roses. Jab hum ya Anu usse ghumane le jaate hain toh woh isse dekhkar khush ho jaati hain aur hume yeh kharidna hi padta hain har baar. Pata nahi kya pyaar hain inn gulaabon se unko. She puts the roses aside.

She continues, "Waise kaafi time lag gaya in sabko laane mein. Achchha hua ki Sonu abhi tak uthi. Agar uth jaati toh yeh ghar itna shant nahi hota abhi. Shehzadi sahiba abhi tak saare ghar ko sar par utha leti..." she chuckles while taking out the items from the shopping bags.

It is getting hard for Anubhav to control his emotions. Her behaviour and her condition are stinging his heart very deeply. Somehow, he composes himself and softly calls her, "Jaana..."