DIFFICULTY

{PLEASE IGNORE THE SPELLING AND THE GRAMMAR MISTAKES}

*_*_*_*_*_*

Pushpa ji and Ammi are in the auto and are on the way to go to the police station. 

"Behan ji, aapko sach mein lagta hain ki Police station mein hume Anu aur Haseena mil jaayenge?" Pushpa ji asks her being hopeful of meeting his lost son.

Ammi looks at her and answers softly, "Behan ji, hume yeh nahi pata ki thane mein hume Hassu aur Anubhav milenge ya nahi. Par hume yeh pata hain ki jab police Hassu ke abbu ko giraftaar karne aayi thi tab unhone kaha ki yeh complaint Hassu aur Anubhav ne hi ki hain. Toh iska matlab yeh hain ki police ke paas Hassu aur Anubhav ka rehne ka pata hoga. Agar pata nahi toh unka phone number wagaira kuch toh hoga naa... Agar hume bas itna bhi pata chal gaya ki hum kaise bhi apne bachchon se mil sakte hain, woh bhi humare liye bahut hain."

Pushpa ji understands her. A small smile of hope appears on face, "Aap sahi keh rahe hain, behan ji. Bas waise ho jaisa hum soch rahe hain. Ek baar hum apne bachcho se mil le... Phir hum kabhi apne bachche ko apne se door nahi jaane denge. Sab thik kar denge hum log..."

"Ummid toh yeh hi hain, behan ji ki sab thik ho jaaye..." Ammi too says.

After another few minutes, Ammi and Pushpa ji reach the Police station. They pay to the auto driver and step inside the station after looking at each other hopefully. 

Ammi looks at the inspector who arrested Nawazuddin Malik. He is talking to someone whose back is facing Ammi and Pushpa ji. 

Ammi tells to Pushpa ji, "Behan ji, yeh woh hi inspector hain jisne Hassu ke Abbu ko giraftaar kiya tha. Issi se puchhte hain."

"Ji chaliye" Pushpa ji walks with her.

"Namaste sir" Both mothers say in union. 

The inspector looks at them and the man turns back to see them. He is none other than Anubhav. He is surprised to see them. Pushpa ji's heart stops beating for some minutes. Is she dreaming? No, she is not dreaming. This is true. Her son, her heart, her Anubhav is standing in front of her. She hadn't seen him for almost three years. A tear drops from her eye. A small smile appears on her face. 

Ammi smiles looking at both of them.

Anubhav too lost after seeing his mother. His eyes become watery. The feelings inside him he can't explain to anyone. Though he is a brave fighter, but a point he too needs rest. He wants to hug her tightly. He wants to talk with her and cry in her arms. But within a second, his daughter's pale face before her death flashed in front of his eyes. The pain of a father inside him is indeed bigger than anything. He looks down clenching his hands into fits. 

Pushpa ji takes a couple of steps and touches his cheeks in her palms. He closes his eyes for a second. Her touch is acting as both a painkiller and a new pain to him. 

"Anu..." Pushpa ji whispers. Anubhav takes a few steps back making her shocked. 

Before she can understand anything, Anubhav says in a stern voice, "Door rahiye humse."

"Itne mahinon baad toh tu mila hain, Anu. Aise kaise door rahe tumse? Tujhe pata hain ki tere bagair hum kaise jee rahe the? Beta tu..."

He cuts her words and raises his tone, "Beta...? Kaun sa beta? Woh beta jisko maarne ke liye aapke pati ne koi kasar nahi chhodi...? Ya phir woh beta jiski beti ne abhi thik se bolna bhi nahi sikha tha aur aapke pati ne usse humse hamesha ke liye door kar diya?" He again continues showing his index finger to him, "Hum koi aapke bete nahi hain. Marr gaya aapka beta. Koi nahi lagte hum aapke. Humre nikat aane ka prayatna mat kijiye."

"Anu, hume pata hain ki tu abhi naraz hain par beta..." 

"Naraz?" He again cuts her words. He chuckles humorously and says, "Aapko pata hain...  Rusht usse hua karte hain jo aapke nikat ho, jo aapse pyaar kare, jo aapke apne ho? Humne keh diya hain ki na aap humare liye koi hain aur na hi hum aapke kuch lagte hain. Sab kuch tha humare jeevan mein. Humari Maa, humare Baba. Bhale hi humse door the parantu aisa lagta tha ki humare saath the. Parantu jab aap logon ne humse humari bachchi ko chheen liya naa tab aap log keval humare liye ek shatru ban gaye. Woh shatru jisse jeevan mein hum sabse adhik ghrina (nafrat) karte hain."

He is about to leave but he stops and looks at her. He adds in a stern and powerful voice, "Aur haan, bhale hi iss samay aapke pati, Devendra Singh police ke daboch se bahar hain parantu adhik der tak nahi rah paayenge. Unhe unke aparadh ka dand milega. Avashya milega. Bas kuch samay ki baat hain. Hum iss baar chup nahi rehne wale. Aur unko dand dene se hume koi nahi rok sakta."

He starts to leave the place. Pushpa ji runs behind him screaming his name, "Anu... Anu beta sun... Anu sun toh..." But he ignores her and sits in an auto standing outside the police station. He goes. Pushpa ji stops there. She is crying bitterly. Ammi comes near her and puts her hand on her shoulder. Pushpa ji looks at her and again cries.

Ammi says, "Pata hain hume... Pata hain ki iss waqt aapko kaisa lag raha hain. Jis lehze mein abhi jaise Anubhav ne aapse baat ki thi naa ussi dard aur nafrat bhari aawaz mein Hassu ne bhi aaj humse baat ki kuch der pehle. Behan ji, sach kahe toh woh bhi apni jagah sahi hain. Unka dukh bahut bada hain. Unhone apni bachchi khoyi hain. Par hum dono toh apne bachcho ko aapni aankhon ke saamne dekhte hue bhi be-aulad jaisa mehsoos kar rahe hain. Pata nahi kaise in dono ko samjhaye ki jo hua uske baare mein kuch bhi nahi pata tha. Inki nafrat humse bardasht nahi ho rahi hain, Pushpa ji."

Pushpa ji can't say anything but hug her. At this difficult time, they all need each other's support. The support to survive in this difficulty. The support to bear the hatred of AnuSeena. The support to make the pain lesser. The support to plan how to get their children back into their lives.

-------

Anubhav comes to the hotel and goes to their room. He opens the door and sees Haseena restlessly walking here and there. He enters the room and locks the door. Haseena looks at him. He sits on the bed. Haseena senses something is wrong with him. She takes the glass on the table and pours the water into it. She gives the glass of water to him while sitting beside him. 

He looks at her. Taking the glass, he thanks her and drinks it in one go. He put the glass on the side table.

She puts her palm on his shoulder and asks, "Kya baat hain, Anu... Aap bahut pareshaan lag rahe hain. Kya kaha inspector sahab ne? Sab thik toh hain naa? Kis liye bulaya tha unhone aapko?" 

He softly replies to her, "Woh Jaana, aapko toh pata hi hain naa ki abhi Devendra Singh iss desh se bahar hain. Parantu abhi tak unhe yeh gyaat toh chuka hoga ki police ab unke pichhe hain. Toh inspector sahab yeh keh rahe the ki kadachit Devendra Singh hum par prahar (humla) kare. Iss liye woh hume suraksha dene ke baare mein baat kar rahe the."

"Toh aapne kya kaha?" She asks.

"Baat nahi ho paayi humari poori iss vishay mein" Before she can ask further, he looks at her and says while looking into her eyes, "Wanha par aapki Ammi aayi thi. Aur saath mein humari Maa bhi."

He looks down. He becomes silent. Haseena too doesn't speak anything. She just makes him look at her holding his face in her palm. Both have the brimmed eyes. She kisses his forehead and puts his face near her heart. She is holding him so close to her. She knows what he is feeling inside him. She completely understands his pain. She knows how much difficult to him to face his mother. He wraps his hands around her body. Both close their eyes to let their tears flow down.