1 | Tis' the season to be jolly

It was a beautiful new day in Wellard

It was a beautiful new day in Wellard. The 'pre-christmasy vibes', kids running on the streets enjoying their holidays, families spending quality time together; everyone was happy and cheerful; tis the season to be jolly, after all.

Katie Cooper- aged 20, studying in New York, had come back home to spend the holidays with her family. Her best friend Alexa Mendoza was in North Carolina, working on a college project and being back home without her was a bit boring. She missed her friend's presence. Being home without Alexa was a new and foreign emotion for her, considering that the two besties have always been together until they parted ways to go to college.

But that was a different place and she had gotten used to being without Alexa there, not here. It felt weird to cross the tree and not see Alexa; and this was going to be the situation for an entire week as Alexa won't be coming till Christmas eve.

"Katie! We are going to the Mendozas! Come soon for breakfast!" Jennifer yelled from the living room.

"Okay mom!" Katie yelled back from her room.

The Mendozas and Coopers have a long history together. They were neighbors and the parents- Dave & Lori Mendoza and Jennifer Cooper were best buddies since high school. Their children, Alexa and Katie had carried forward with the family tradition and formed a beautiful friendship. There was a huge tree standing in between the two houses and the girls had made it 'their spot' by putting a big wooden plank in the branches where they could sit.

Katie found herself staring at Alexa's room from her window as she was lost in maze of thoughts and memories.

Her stomach rumbled and she decided to go downstairs and make her way to the Mendozas' for breakfast. Lori had been very excited to meet her after a long time and wanted to hear everything about NYU.

As usual, she was greeted by the same scene- Jack munching happily on his breakfast, Jennifer talking about Joe with Dave and Lori and they planning their next double date.

"Good Morning!" Katie wished everyone.

"Good Morning Sweetie!" Lori wished while Dave reciprocated with a wave.

"Katie" Jennifer called her as she sat beside Jack.

"Yes mom?"

"I am going for lunch with Joe, can you drop Jack at his friend's place?"

"Sure mom!"

_____

Hope you liked the chapter!

♡ Hope you liked the chapter! ♡