15 | Hide and Seek

"Alexaaaaaaa!" Katie's voice echoed throughout Alexa's room

"Katieeee" Alexa replied back lazily.

"I feel weird" Katie confessed and Alexa raised an eyebrow at her.

"What happened? You good?" Alexa questioned, freaking out in her mind.

"It's just...I miss him"

"Him? Your dad?" Alexa asked.

"Yeah, no." Katie replied, confusing the youngest Mendoza.

"I miss- miss Aiden"

"Oh" a small oh left Alexa's mouth.

"Look Katie, I thought that you still like him, but now I just feel that you are saying this because I was saying it and you started thinking about him again"

Alexa was cut off as Katie replied her,

"No, no. I never really stopped liking him, you see. Even when I met him for the last time before i left for New York, my heart was beating rapidly, trying to tell me something. It was trying to tell me to not let go. When I reached New York, you weren't the only one who had sent me hundreds of texts asking if I had reached, if I had eaten something, if I have settled or if I am okay. Things had gotten awkward between us post our breakup and we didn't really talk, but his thoughts- they never really left me. The handful of small talks we had since I went, gave me so much of joy, so much of it."

"Oh Katie" Alexa sighed, as she hugged Katie.

"I have been questioning myself since then, Alexa. It's not because of you, that I have started thinking of him" Katie said and Alexa nodded.

"What are you going to do?" Alexa whispered.

"Tell him the truth. I don't want to deny or hide my feelings anymore, Alexa. I don't want to play hide and seek, anymore." Katie said and Alexa simply nodded, hoping that everything becomes alright between the duo.

_____

Hope you liked the chapter!

♡ Hope you liked the chapter! ♡