6 | Dinner

"Wake up, Honey" Katie heard a sweet voice pulling her out of her dreams

"Wake up, Honey" Katie heard a sweet voice pulling her out of her dreams. Her eyes opened and she realised that she had fallen asleep on the couch. She sat up, yawning and stretching.

"Tired" her mom asked and Katie nodded in a negative.

"How was your date with Joe?" Katie asked, looking at Jennifer busy in the kitchen. Before she could reply, Katie shot another question at her.

"And what are you doing in the kitchen!?"

"Sweetie, I can cook"

"Yeah I know you can, but you don't"

"That's not true!" Jennifer replied with an expression as if Katie had accused her of something serious.

"Mom" Katie said, squinting her eyes.

"Yeah fine, whatever." Jennifer replied, raising her hands in air.

"Lori is sick, so the Mendozas are coming over for dinner" she continued.

"Ohh, okay. I'll go change"

"Okay"

"Hey Jen" Dave greeted his friend as he entered the house.

"Oh hey Dave!"

"Thank you so much for today! Need any help?"

"Sure, help me set the tables"

"Okay!"

The night was quite typical, Jennifer talking about Joe and her, Lori coughing the whole night, Lucas playing a song after dinner. The only different thing which was happening (and went unnoticed by everyone) was Katie continuously zoning out.

"Credits go to an annoying blah blah girl" were the words which ringed in her mind continuously.

_____

Hope you liked the chapter!

♡ Hope you liked the chapter! ♡