16 | Cookies and coffee

"Heyyy" Aiden's voice snapped Katie out of her thoughts

"Hi" Katie replied, smiling.

Aiden's lips formed a curved, seeing Kate smile.

"Um..when do you leave for New York?" He questioned, hoping she would be here for a few more days. Just a few more days with her, that's it.

"I leave on 2nd January" Katie replied.

Aiden mental sighed in relief but while giving an answer, he simply hummed, nodding his head.

"I am sorry, Aiden." Katie confessed, preparing to say her speech ahead.

Aiden was taken aback by her sudden apology.

"What for?"

"For what I am going to say. It's not fair to you, it isn't." She replied.

"Um...okay, I guess?" He replied, his hands in his pocket, his heart racing and leg shaking.

"I never really wanted to break up with you, Aiden. I never did. I thought that a long distance relationship will just hurt the both of us. I thought that we wouldn't be able to manage it."

"Oh" was all he could say. He thought she wanted to say something more. So he waited.

He was right. She did want to say more, she had a complete speech planned (the one which you can get five marks for).

"Look, I broke up with you and now I am confessing that I still have feelings for you. That's not fair to you, that's like playing with your feelings. And I am really sorry" she said as a couple of tears escaped her eyes.

"Hey hey" Aiden said, shaking his head.

"There is nothing to be sorry for, okay? I am so glad that you feel that you can be completely honest with me. And, If I have to be honest, Katie; I was going to tell you that I still have feelings for you. That would've been unfair to you, too. That would've been like disrespecting your decision of parting ways. But I was going to say it, because you know, honestly is important in relations. Even in a friendship" Aiden replied and Katie smiled.

"Aiden, I didn't give us a chance then, but I want to now. Can you give us a chance?" She asked, directly coming to the point.

All Aiden could do was nod and hug her tightly.

"You know, we met for the first time due to cookies and we bonded over coffee. And we are just like them, like cookies and coffee. Simply amazing!" Aiden said and Katie laughed wholeheartedly, not letting him go.

They were going to try their best in making it work. And in the end, that's what matters the most in a relationship. Efforts.

_____

THE BEGINNING

_____

This was just a small part from their story. This was just a beginning.
But then, is there truly an end to stories?

Radiate love & positivity!
Lots of love!

Radiate love & positivity! Lots of love!