He should be here

A/N: Sage struggles with eating and struggles with her mental health as well. This chapter also mentions blood.

Sage~

Caid and I both could have lived happily without him telling me he had heard something.

I was terrified.

What if someone or something was in the house?

I know I have Caid with me, and he isn't allowed to leave me by myself, but what if something happens?

Drowning myself with worried thoughts, I eventually fall asleep.
--------------

When I wake up, I'm freezing.

But as I slowly open my eyes the blanket hog isn't there?

My thoughts are yet again interrupted as I take in my surroundings.

My mirror is shattered on the floor, vases are broken, pictures are torn off from my walls, and there's blood all over the floor?

Ok I need to know what the hell is going on,
and where Caid is.

"Caidence? Are you home? Hello?"

I slowly start walking out of my room, and down the steps.

Words can't explain how terrified I am.

"Caid? Hello? This isn't funny."

If this is another one of his little pranks I am actually going to never speak to him again.

I find a trail of blood, leading to the kitchen.

I rush over and see Caid, knocked out on the floor.

Holy shit he's got a bullet wound.

How did I not hear that  Who came in last night? How did someone get in here?

My heart is racing as tears are pouring out of my eyes.

No no, not now I need to get help.

I race up to my room grabbing an extra shirt and my phone, dialing 911 as I rush back down to Caid.

Come on, pick up damn it.

I tie the shirt tightly around his wound to help stop the bleeding.

Finally, the dispatcher picks up.

"Hi I'm at ***** street, my boyfriend he was shot and he's unconscious."

Wait boyfriend?

No, I don't even see him like that. I just care about him.

A lot.

The words are just spilling out of my mouth and I can't seem to stop.

She continues asking questions, and says there will be an ambulance there soon.

I can't lose him, not now, not anytime soon.

Blake.

I completely forgot about him. I can't believe he sill isn't home yet.

I quickly dial his number and explain everything to him, although I'm not sure if he can understand me through my sobs.

He said he'd be on his way soon but I told him there's no point. The ambulance would have already left by the time he got here.

I'll just text him the hospital we're at when I find out.
-------------------

"What the hell do you mean I can't go in the ambulance with him? I have every right to."