Huge mistake

Sage~ Both of our alarms go off at the same time, early in the morning.

Monday already?

I can't believe the weekend went by so quickly. I don't want to go to school, I'd rather just stay here with Caid.

We both get out of bed, I get dressed and Caid hops in the shower. After getting dressed I head downstairs to the kitchen and make some pancakes for us.

I had already finished eating by the time Caid got out of the shower.

As he was eating his breakfast, I go into the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face.

I was about to ask Caid where I put my makeup, but then I remembered we were at his house and I didn't have any of my stuff. How lovely. I look half dead when I don't wear any makeup.

Caid brushes his teeth, we put our shoes on and we head to school.

The whole car ride there, Caid kept saying thank you for yesterday and smothering me with compliments and that he had such a great time. He really is the sweetest.

We finally get to school after about twenty minutes of driving.

We walk into first period right as the bell rings. We sit down next to eachother, but I notice something. Or I guess I should say someone.

Layla was still here. I thought she had left or something. And she was talking to... Casey?

Since when was he in this class?  What happened when Caid and I were in the hospital?

Casey and I made eye contact a few times, but it felt so...weird? His eyes looked empty, like he was emotionless. I could see Layla constantly staring at Caid from the corner of my eye.

I could tell Caid knew Layla was here. He seemed off. He was quiet for most of the day, which wasn't like him. Usually he talks all the time, more than anyone else I know. He was even quiet during lunch.

School had finally ended and the walk to the car was dead silent. When we finally got into the car, I broke the silence.

🌸"Ok, what is up with you? Why didn't you say anything to me throughout the day? This morning you couldn't stay quiet, but now you won't say a word."

🌺"I'm just not in the mood Sage, I don't always have to talk."

I don't bother saying anything back to him. If he wants to be quiet, I will too.

He drops me off at my house, I mumble a quick thanks for driving me home, and I don't bother closing the door.

Why did he drop me off here? I get that he doesn't feel like talking but that doesn't mean I don't want to be around him.

Maybe he just doesn't want to be around me. Maybe I was too clingy yesterday. Maybe he didn't have as much fun as he said he did.

I don't know, I don't even want to think about it anymore. I close the front door and go upstairs to my room. I hear Blake yell something out to me, but I didn't hear him that well. I just ignore it and get started on my schoolwork. I missed a lot of things while I was in the hospital.
-----
It was already 6:30. In the last 3 hours I was able to finish some Math assignments, an essay and some things for my Spanish class. I go downstairs, then get something to eat since I hadn't had anything since 12.

I can hear Blake laughing with Caid in his room.

He came over and he didn't even say hi? Something definitely happened, and I need to find out soon.

I go downstairs to the kitchen and make some alfredo.

Blake and Caid come downstairs while I'm eating and scrolling through Pinterest.