Teddy Bear

(A/N: Sage talks to Caid abt her self harm and how she struggled while he was in the hospital so just a tw for you all)

Sage~  There he was. Standing right in the doorway. He was finally awake!

🏵️"I'll uh give you guys a second..."

I tried to get up quickly, but winced in pain. I guess I'm not completely healed yet.

🌺"Hey, hey take it easy. Sage, I'm right here, you don't have to come to me, I'll come to you.

I scoot over in the hospital bed to make room for him to sit on the edge, beside me.

I'd assume Blake didnt tell Caid why I was here, and wanted Caid to hear it from me instead of him. So, he doesnt exactly know why I'm here so I guess I have some explaining to do.

🌺"Baby what happened? I made sure he didn't go near you, so why are you here?"

I have no idea how to tell him. How am I supposed to word this?

Ok so, I'm actually like madly in love with you, and can't live without you so my body shut down, I started cutting and passed out after like 2 weeks. Oh and I told the 911 operator that you were my boyfriend when I found you knocked out.

I wish it was that easy.

I felt his warm hand cup the right side of my face as he wiped a tear away. I didn't even realize I was crying. It was all just so overwhelming. Seeing him hurt was the worst thing I've ever witnessed.

🌸"Well...after seeing you hurt, and seeing you passed out in the hospital, I just didn't feel right. It hurt so bad to see you like that. When I got home, I put on your clothes and all I could do was just lay in bed. I couldn't talk to anyone, not even Blake or my mom. I couldn't eat, drink water, and I could barely sleep. I just felt like it was all my fault. Things were broken in my room and I didn't even wake up, it just doesn't make sense. I felt so stupid and worthless. I wasn't even able to help you when you needed it most..."

🌺"Sage, I've never seen you as worthless or stupid. You are such a smart girl, and you will always be valued by me. And it wasn't your fault Sage, it never was. Even if you were awake, I wouldn't want you to step in Sage, he had a gun and I don't want you to get hurt. Now tell me, why are you in here?"

This was the part I was nervous about. He says he doesnt want me to get hurt, but I ended up being the one to hurt myself.

🌸"I would...Everynight I..." I couldn't stop stuttering.

I can't do it. I can't tell him.

🌺"Sage please, tell me what happened to you. I'm right here, I'm ok now, I just need to know what happened" he said, just above a whisper.

I started fidgeting with my fingers, hoping the right words would pop into my head.

You have to tell him, just spit it out Sage.

🌸"I kept a razor in the nightstand beside my bed because every night, I...I would cut myself, and after doing that for a while, and not eating or drinking anything, my body felt so weak. One morning I tried to get up out of bed, and I was able to, but when I got to the bathroom I just blacked out."

I couldn't hold back anymore tears, I was bawling my eyes out now.

He got into the bed and he just held me. He didn't say a single word.

To be honest, I prefer this over him talking about it. I didn't want to talk about how I hurt myself, and I was also scared of what he would say.

He started to gently stroke my hair, and as the smell of him helped calm me down, I felt sleep over come me.