My boy

Sage~
it's been two days since i passed out. Today's my last day in the hospital!

I've been doing better. I've been eating, drinking water, and getting enough rest.

I don't feel as drained anymore, or at least not as a often.

Caid still hasn't woken up yet. I miss my boy so much.

I feel tears starting to run down my face. I xant even think about him without crying.

I just don't feel whole without him.

I'm not as shocked about the situation as I was before. It might be because i don't really know what to feel.

It was just so random. Break ins just weren't common in our neighborhood.

I just can't wait until he wakes up. I've missed him so so much.

Blake visits me everyday, and he even brings my favorite donuts sometimes, but he has to sneak them since the nurses wouldnt be too happy about me eating like 12 donuts.

My mom on the other hand, has only visited me once or twice. Her daughter is in the hospital and she doesn't even care enough to see her for at least 5 minutes a day.

Whatever, i dont even want to see her. She never puts effort into anything that has to do with me.

Anyway. The amount of times a nurse has to come into my room is so infuriating.

Like you were just in here 5 minutes ago, did you not do a good job the first time?

And they dont even knock. Like what if Caid woke up and we were doing stuff and they just walked in without a warning.

That would honestly suck for them bc Caid wouldn't even stop if anyone walked in on us.

knock knock

That has to be Blake, he's the only one that knocks, but he's later than usual.

🏵️"Hey Sage, how're you feeling?"

Something seems off abt him. But not in a bad way, he seems really happy.

He's usually pretty cheerful I guess, but this is just weird.

🌸"Uh I'm good? Did I miss something? Wait did mom leave!"

I hope so. We were doing just fine before she came, so there's no reason for her to be here.

I'd just stay home from school so I could take care of Caid instead of her. I didn't need her help before, and I certainly don't need it now.

🏵️"What? No, nothing happened. What makes you say that?"

The whole time he's talking he tries to hide a smile, but it's so obvious.

🌸 "Ok you're being really weird. What's up with you? And why are you here so late?"

🏵️" Sage you think too much. It's just really nice out, and I wouldn't come to see you if I was in a bad mood. Oh and I got some of your donuts, but there's less because there weren't any of the bigger packs."

Idk, i dont believe him. He definitely knows something, he just won't tell me. But i need to find out what it is that he's hiding.

🌸"Wait so mom is still here?"

🏵️" Yes Sgae, and she will be for a while, at least until Caidence wakes up and starts to feep better."

Caidence.

I feel my eyes start to fill with tears when Blake mentions his name. I haven't even see Caid in weeks.

I feel horrible about it. I was so selfish.

I wouldn't even come out of my own room because of how sad i was, to see my own boyfr-

To see my friend, is what i meant.

I usually felt an extra burst of warmth and happiness just at the thought of Caid.

But lately I've just felt horrible when someone mentions him. When I did visit him, he looked so pale, almost as if he was lifeless.

I just wish I could look at his eyes again. His bright green eyes could light up the whole room. They lit up my life the second I first met him, standing at my front door.

My dad used to tell me that if I was to ever fall in love with someone, to fall in love with their eyes first. Everything can change about someone, but their eyes will always be the same.

I didn't realize how much this boy would affect my life. This dumb, beautiful boy has changed everything in my life.

There was another know at the door. Nobody else in this place knocks, so who is it?
--------------------

Ngl it felt pretty weird to be writing again. Idek if anyone is even still reading this book anymore but oh well. I'm thinking abt making Sage and Caid endgame, but im not 100% sure. Who do you guys want to be endgame?
Please remember to eat something, drink some water, and rest up🤍
Lots of love,
Mary<3