𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒾𝓈 𝐸𝓃𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽...

Characters: King Dice, Cuphead

This is not a ship

CW// Impure regression. Implied @bus3

Cuphead's shift at the casino had been hectic, and people had been non stop yelling and shouting. He sat in the break room, desperately trying to keep himself from slipping into little Space. King dice came in and leaned on the door frame, watching CupHead idly rocking back and forth.

"Are you okay?"
He asked, breaking the silence. Cuphead looked up and gasped, his chest heavy.

"Uhm...I'm ok."

He said, before quickly putting his head into his arms. Kingsley sighed gently, and walked over to him, sitting in a near by chair. "...It's loud out there, hm?"
Cuphead nodded.

"You needed a break?"

He nodded again. Kingsley knew about Cupheads regression, and knew that sometimes, the best thing to do is to just help him regress and keep him safe in the office.
"You wanna go in the office?"
"No."
"..is there a reason?"
"..I don wanna annoy you. "
"Hey, cups. You're not annoying!"

He said, gently placing a hand on Cuphead shoulder. Cups jumped at the touch, and scrambled back in his chair.
"No!"
"...I'm sorry Cuphead."

Kingsley tried to give a warm smile, and keep Cuphead calm. He was never good with kids, and Cuphead was...clearly from a troubled home.

"..'S ok. Know you don't mean nothin' bad."
"Cuphead!"
"Hm?.."
"Are you...does-..are you okay at home?"
"..."
"Cuphead-"

He suddenly threw himself into Kingsley arms, crying. He knew exactly what that meant..he just, started rubbing Cupheads back, and quietly shushing him. After a few minutes, he took Cuphead by the hand into his office, and sat him down in a chair next to himself, and let him color. He knew this wouldn't fix anything...but for now? It was enough.