💙A Dream Far Too Real🖤

Pairing?; Mugman, Dev
⚠️Warnings?; Nightmares, crying

Mugman laid in his bed, the covers pulled far over his face, dead asleep. There was hardly any noise in the house, aside from the slow glops of hot molten from The Devil's throne room down the hallway and quiet scampers of Imps. Mugman's brow furrowed as his eyes welled. He shifted and moved, trying to shake himself awake. He shot up, his back and neck in a full sweat. He ripped his bear and ran into the grand bedroom. He pushed the heavy oak door open and crawled under the covers.

The Dev woke up from all of the movement, and turned to see what was wrong. Mugman was curled up next to him, his bear gripped in his hands. His eyes were filled with tears as they rolled down his cheek. The devil and rolled over, pecking Mugman on the forehead. Mugman looked up and wrapped his arms around The Devil's waist, crying into his chest.

"Okay, baby. What happened? Dads here, now."

Mugman shook his head, not being able to verbalize his thoughts. His tears streamed down his face as he tried to speak, only for a stuttered groan to come out of his throat. Dev watched, and patiently waited for Mugman's tears to calm. He slowly flicked on the light, and asked again; and

"What's wrong?"
This time, he asked differently. He signed to Mugman, letting him know, talking isn't necessary right now. Slowly, Mugman signed back.

"Nightmare."
"Okay. You're safe, Mugman. I'm here."

He spoke softly, and signed slowly, mostly because he needed to brush up on his sign, but also to let Mugman's mind rest. Mugman climbed into his arms, and nodded.

He turned the light off with his tail, and laid down, making sure Mugman was comfortable before pulling the covers over the both of them. He rubbed Mugman's back too help him fall asleep, gently murmuring to him that he's safe.

Soon enough, Mugman fell asleep, and slept soundly the rest of the night.