The obligatory sickfic

Kingsley sat under the covers, a box of tissues on his bedside table. He sighed, as he blew his nose for the 11th time in a minute. He felt miserable, sniffling and coughing all day long. He heard a knock at the door, and he meekly allowed them in. The Devil came inside, with Henchman in tow. They smiled at him, as Henchman sat a bowl of soup on the table. Kingsley peeked over the covers, as he tried to smell the soup.

"Thank you, Henchman." The Devil sighed, sitting on the bed. They nodded, and patted Kingsley on the hand, before leaving. The Devil rubbed Kingsley's shoulder, before leaning down and giving him a small kiss. "Are you feeling better, Kingsley?" He asked, placing a hand on his number one's forehead. Kingsley shook his head 'no', as he moved his head away from the touch. The Devil hummed in acknowledgement , and pointed to the soup. "Would you like some soup?" Kingsley looked over at it, and shrugged. His stomach was much too upset to be thinking about food right now.

The Devil looked down at him, with pity. "I wish I could get rid of this for you, but Stickler won't allow it, on account of your "immune system" or..stupid something like that." He said, huffing. Kingsley pouted as he rested his head on the Devil's soft arm. The Devil gently rubbed his back, as he watched the breathing of his number one. A few moments passed when Kingsley finally spoke up. "Its' okay, boss. I feel a little better." The Devil's ears perked up, as he smiled and rubbed his head. "That is good."

They sat there, gently making conversation, as Kingsley clung to The Devils' thick black fur. It was softer than his blanket, and the heat that radiated off of his body made him like a fluffy heater. Kingsley fell asleep next to the Devil, his grip still as tight as when he was awake. Devil gently laid him back down and crawled next to him in the bed, listening to the soft breathing. He never noticed it, but Kingsley was so vulnerable when he slept. As stoic as he is when awake and in full swing, he could be frightening, even to The Devil. When he was asleep, he was nothing more than a soft lump under the luscious covers. He thought about that as he slowly fell asleep, not even noticing.