𝓘 𝓭𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝔀𝓪𝓷𝓷𝓪 𝓰𝓸 𝓽𝓸 𝓼𝓵𝓮𝓮𝓹, 𝓘 𝔀𝓪𝓷𝓷𝓪 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝔂 𝓾𝓹 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓪𝓫𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾!

A/N: This is not a ship. 
 Don't make Mugs calling Kingsley 'daddy' weird. 

Mugman sat, laying on the floor watching the clock tick.

9:58..9:59..10:00. 

As expected, the door creaked open, and Kingsley stepped inside. His gaze was much more gentle than other nights, though. He smiled at Mugman, and slowly got on the floor with him. Mugman groaned and looked over.  

''You know what time it is, Mugs.''

''But..I don't wanna go to bed. It's not fair!''

"How is it not fair, Mugs?''

"Cuphead gets to stay up later than me.."

"That's because he's older. When you get bigger you can stay up as late as him.''

"But, He's only 2 years bigger! Please, daddy? I won't ask for anything else ever again!"

"No, I'm sorry, Mugs. How about this, I'll tuck you in. Will that make you sleepy?"

He paused, and crossed his arms before getting up and hopping in his bed. He reached over and grabbed his pacifier. Kingsley laughed, and got up. He tucked Mugman's blanket tight. Mugman  tried his best to look angry, but its very hard to look angry when you're getting tucked in. Kingsley smiled and rubbed Mugs forehead. 

"So, are you ready to go to bed?"

Mugman took his paci out, and thought for a moment.  

"Daddy, why do I have to go to sleep to early?"

"Because you need energy, and you do get grumpy when you're sleepy, just like right now."

"I'm not grumpy.."

Kingsley sighed, and patted his cheek. He got up, and clicked Mugman's lamp off.

"Hows about this, kiddo. I'll take you to the park tomorrow if you try to go to sleep."

"...Okay."

"Good boy. Now, good night."

"Night night."

Mugman put his paci back in, and took a breath to get comfy. Kingsley smiled, and walked over to the door, giving Mugs one last peek, before closing his door.