7. Fighting murder with murder

I sat with Foxglove in the infirmary, the nurses were cleaning up his cuts. He clenched his jaw when a nurse disinfected some of them. They weren't deep so if he took a little care of them, they wouldn't leave any scars, at least not on his face. 

The warriors were cleaning up the aftermath at the training ground and a contractor was called to fix the wall. Ironically, after the fight I gained everyone's respect. The warriors nodded to me, either impressed or fearful, and the most important generals even introduced themselves, much to my surprise.

There was the four star general, General Hemlock, the old, bald white guy somewhere in his seventies, to whom I threw a chair. Then there were two three star generals, General Mallory and General Briar. Mallory was around fifty years old, he was still fit for his age and his hair was mostly grey. Briar was in his forties, had brown hair and a beard. Lastly, there were two, two star generals and four one star generals, but in my opinion all six of them weren't really important. The one thing that stood out the most, was the fact they all had the exact same cocky personality.

"How did you do that?" Foxglove asked, snapping me out of my trance. He scratched his chin and observed me. 

I looked around me and noticed the nurses had left, Foxglove and I were the only ones left in the room. I turned to him again, I was so lost in my thoughts, I hadn't registered what he asked me. "I'm sorry, what did you say?"

He chuckled at the sight of my confused face. "I asked you how you managed to throw me through the wall."

I couldn't exactly tell him I got a massive power rush from the ground during our fight, so I laughed it off. "Call it a mixture of adrenaline and you pissing me off every second of the day."

For a quick second, he narrowed his eyes at me before his smug expression returned. I checked to see if he actually believed me. He was definitely a little suspicious, but believed it regardless. I mean, what other explanation would make sense? 

He opened his mouth to say something, but was cut off by a nurse who handed him a small jar. "You are clear to go General Foxglove, just make sure to take care of the cuts by regularly applying the balm."

"Don't worry, Iola over here will take care of it." He winked at her, nodding to where I was sitting. The nurse blushed and walked off.

I glared at him and rolled my eyes.

"You're the one who caused this Sunshine, it's only fair you take care of it as well." He said smugly, motioning his hands down from his face to the rest of his body.

"You're the one who wanted to fight in first place." I raised my eyebrows unimpressed and stood up. "Besides, you're a grown ass man, do it yourself."

I made my way towards the door, it was around 8 am and I wanted to say hi to my father, who would be eating breakfast right now. I heard Foxglove standing up behind me, trying to catch up, which he couldn't because his body was sore.

"See you at the meeting today, Sunshine!" He yelled when I walked out the door. I shook my head, that was unexpected.

Since when was I invited to the meetings?

I sat on a stone bench in one of the gardens with my airpods in. Music was blasting through my ears as I overlooked the pond in front of me. Since it was February, most flowers surrounding it weren't blooming yet, but at least the fish were alive and kicking. Two black swans were swimming in the pond, playing around. I laughed, swans were my favorite birds, especially black ones. They were rare, elegant and graceful. The loyalty and protectiveness they had for the ones they loved was a beautiful thing and there was something about their black feathers, they held a certain darkness and I found myself being drawn to it.