13. Playtime

Wish I could say I was surprised they would reach this topic, but I wasn't.

Haimon and Valerio, who had stayed quiet almost the whole evening, raised their eyebrows.

"Oh how I would love to tap that ass." Mallory sighed, throwing back his head.

"You wouldn't have a chance, she's too fiery." Hemlock scoffed. "The only one person who has one is Foxglove."

The latter had closed his eyes and sat half asleep in his chair, not really registering what the conversation was about. 

Mallory scowled upon hearing the words. "You wanna bet?"

"Sure. How much?" Hemlock responded, a dead serious expression covering his face.

The other men started laughing and banged their hands against their chairs, cheering on Mallory. Something told me it wasn't the first time they had made this kind of bet. Both supernatural delegations glared at them. Mr. Anders put his hand on my shoulder, comforting me.

"Really? How old are you? Fourteen?" A low, smooth voice growled out, echoing through the entire hall. Everyone flinched and immediately shut up, focusing their attention on Valerio.

Mallory mockingly pouted. "Is the big bad wolf scared he can't do it?"

"Oh I can get her, there's no doubt." He grinned smugly. "I have a little more respect that's all."

Somehow, it felt like that sentence kind of contradicted, but I decided to roll with it anyway.

"How did you want to get her? By silently staring at her all day?" Mallory sneered.

I covered my mouth to hold back a snort. Mallory was a fucking disrespectful son of a bitch and tomorrow I was going to beat the living daylight out him and the other generals, but that comment was kind of funny.

"Beats disrespecting her." Haimon shrugged. "She would kick your ass anyway, and I'd pay to watch it."

The conversation died so Valerio stood up, whispering something to Roman, and left. I narrowed my eyes at Foxglove, who had his eyes open again, if I didn't know better, I had almost expected him to speak up, but he was exactly like the others.

"We are going to our chambers. We have to be well rested for the announcement tomorrow. King Phelan looks forward to never doing this again." Roman stated.

Soon after the vampires and other men left as well. I stood up, moving my hands around, a deep frown forming on my face. I was feeling perfectly fine even though I had downed the whole glass. Getting drunk wasn't in the cards for me but normally, I would have felt at least a little tipsy. But now? I felt absolutely nothing. 

"How are you not drunk yet?" Mr. Anders laughed.

I smiled. "High tolerance I suppose. Goodnight Mr. Anders." 

I made my way through the palace to the guest wing, guards stiffening at my sight along the way. Poor things, they thought I was going to knock them out. My reputation proceeded me. My stroll was interrupted by the very rare sight of a wild being, one I had never had a conversation with. 

A drunk Foxglove was standing in front of my door.

Very rare indeed.

His eyes widened when he caught sight of me, spreading out his arms for a hug. "Iola where have you beeeeeen? It's been soooooo looonngggg." 

I laughed internally, this was going to be good.

I rolled my eyes, moving my hands dramatically in front of me. "I know right?! It's been like five hours! Unbelievable!"